Beans Foundry, Dudley

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_bones

Gormless Moderator
Reaction score
Following our trip to Brandauer Pressings, we moved on to see Beans Foundry in Dudley. It was industry on a large scale and only closed in 2005 following the demise of Longbridge - their only / main customer.

Reaperman knows more about the history of the place but it was a very interesting explore and even more so, to see how things had rapidly gone downhill in the space of almost exactly 2 years...

photos to follow.

DSC_0097.jpg

DSC_0099.jpg

DSC_0104-1.jpg

DSC_0107-1.jpg

DSC_0108.jpg

DSC_0109.jpg

DSC_0110.jpg

DSC_0113-1.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

DSC_0120.jpg

DSC_0123.jpg

DSC_0124.jpg

DSC_0125.jpg

DSC_0126-1.jpg

DSC_0129.jpg

DSC_0136.jpg

DSC_0139.jpg

DSC_0146-1.jpg

DSC_0148.jpg

DSC_0149.jpg

DSC_0151.jpg

DSC_0157.jpg

That is so sad to see the plaque commemorating the first and last casting just chucked on the floor like that. :(
Very interesting explore and pics Mr B.
Btw, were there any long grooves in the foundry floor? The reason I ask is that when I was at art college we had a field trip to a working foundry in Brierly Hill and the molten metal was poured into grooves to make bars. It literally shot along at an extremely fast pace...rather scary but really interesting.

Cheers :)

hehehe, oh yes, he was well dodgy, kept following us around all over the site ;):lol::lol::lol:

Cheers mr b, I'm really glad your pics inside the main foundry building have come out brilliant, mine are just ... well... black :cry: Loved this place tho, the place was huge, but wasn't to sure about all those stairs and the high up bits lol :( There was no way in the world I was gonna look down, attempted it twice, then gave up lol.

I'll just tag my few of the outside on the end of your report (good report btw ;) )

View from the tower over the roof
DerelictPlacesOfficialMeet6thOct-71.png

DerelictPlacesOfficialMeet6thOct-72.png

Small workshop joined onto the main foundry building
DerelictPlacesOfficialMeet6thOct-73.png

DerelictPlacesOfficialMeet6thOct-74.png

DerelictPlacesOfficialMeet6thOct-75.png

DerelictPlacesOfficialMeet6thOct-76.png

They didn't turn out too badly Sal, nice one.

Hey Mr B, did Indy just call you fatman? What a cheek! ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice pics Sal, btw. :)

Yep it's because of a time when we were at fullers earthworks and he SQUEEZED through a hole in a fence and i was eating a cornish pasty and when i tried i couldn't fit! Could also be because it looks like i have cleavage in my security picture (taken by RM)

Yep it's because of a time when we were at fullers earthworks and he SQUEEZED through a hole in a fence and i was eating a cornish pasty and when i tried i couldn't fit! Could also be because it looks like i have cleavage in my security picture (taken by RM)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Great pic's everyone - how in the name of all thing rusty did that wheelchair get there?

Yet another excellent write-up and superb pictures peeps :)
Gutted that I wimped out of this one now :eek:
Still, I managed to spot two abandoned buildings in Bewdley that afternoon without even looking!! :lol:
That Security chap looks a bit shifty -hope you didn't get any trouble from him?!! ;)

Lb:cool:

Now I know where beans come from

I always feel a degree of sadness when going round such places

Latest posts

Back