Ravensworth castle, Gateshead

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarneySchwarzenegger

Reaction score
Ravensworth castle is probably the most beautiful place to spend some time.
Took a friend round this morning. It was last a girls school closed in 1930's.
Subsidance from mine works, a few fires and vandals have left the castle in it's present state. It featured on bbc restoration britain, where viewers had to vote to have things restored, it didn't win. I can't believe something of such historical importance would be left this way It also has some cool underground parts . rant over here's some pics.

DSCF0255-1.jpg

DSCF0254-1.jpg

DSCF0250-1.jpg

DSCF0247-1.jpg

DSCF0244-1.jpg

DSCF0242-1.jpg

DSCF0241-1.jpg

DSCF0240-1.jpg

DSCF0239-1.jpg

DSCF0238-1.jpg

DSCF0235-1.jpg

DSCF0225.jpg

DSCF0208.jpg

Tip-top report and pics. Haven't seen this place before either. :)
Me fave pic has to be the second one -well done for getting up to the top (looks a bit dodgy though!!!) :eek:
Thanks for sharing ya pics with us buddy.

Lb:cool:

ooooooooooooh these are the places i love to be around. Love the staircase and the tower, and love the views. How far down where the windows that had all the rubble behind them? It's a shame places like this are just left to deteriorate.

Cheers for the pics,

:) Sal

thanks everyone for comments. the windows with rubble behind are in the underground celler about 15 foot down. the turrets have cool spiral steps right to top, you can stand on top of them. I put link to flash earth incase anyone wants to take a peek. The underground bit is on x you can see the main castle up on the right.

http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=54.925947&lon=-1.63926&z=19.4&r=0&src=msl

Last edited:
That's about two minutes from my house (I live in Sunniside) but I've never actually been there... well cool photos!

Back