Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Grain Mills, Gt Yarmouth - August 2009

  1. #21
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Location
    gt yarmouth
    Posts
    3,466
    Thanked
    1594

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by manof2worlds View Post
    Didn't know about that one!!! I'm looking at a couple of large abandoned office blocks close to St Crispins and St Augustines, an old asylum, an old boarded up shop close to Anglia Square and an office block in the city centre. All seem to be challenges. I like a challenge ;-)



    There's loads in and around Norwich, Gt Yarmouth and Bungay (Wainford has 2 very interesting locations that I'm scoping).

    A joint venture would be a cool prospect, 2 eyes being better than 1 etc.
    Yes indeed it does Man. Check out my Ditchingham Maltings explore, Sophos has been there too.
    And a dreadful thing from the cliff did spring. And its wild bark thrilled around. His eyes had the glow of the fires below. Twas the form of the Spectre Hound. 'Ha' yer fa'r got a dickey, bor?' 'Yis, an' he want a fule ter roide 'im, will yew cum?'

  2.  
     
  3. #22
    Join Date
    August 2009
    Location
    Norwich, U.K.
    Age
    53
    Posts
    253
    Thanked
    148

    Default


    The tunnels will be a tough one. I remember seeing a tunnel when I was a child that ran from a pub in St. Benedicts to the Castle - I don't know if it's still there though. Tombland is full of secrets I'm sure. I'd love to have got into the old Samson and Hercules nightclub (aka Ritzys a few years back) - built on top of plague pits etc.
    Discovering the forgotten......

    manof2worlds website
    e m a i l

  4. #23
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Location
    gt yarmouth
    Posts
    3,466
    Thanked
    1594

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by manof2worlds View Post
    The tunnels will be a tough one. I remember seeing a tunnel when I was a child that ran from a pub in St. Benedicts to the Castle - I don't know if it's still there though. Tombland is full of secrets I'm sure. I'd love to have got into the old Samson and Hercules nightclub (aka Ritzys a few years back) - built on top of plague pits etc.
    Wow that would be a cracker! Tombland is one of the oldest parts of the City. I havent exactly been to many places in Norwichas I tend to get into the Middle of no where! I would love to get right round the city, I am a big City fan as well! For my sins.
    And a dreadful thing from the cliff did spring. And its wild bark thrilled around. His eyes had the glow of the fires below. Twas the form of the Spectre Hound. 'Ha' yer fa'r got a dickey, bor?' 'Yis, an' he want a fule ter roide 'im, will yew cum?'

  5. #24
    Join Date
    August 2009
    Location
    Norwich, U.K.
    Age
    53
    Posts
    253
    Thanked
    148

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by Black Shuck View Post
    Yes indeed it does Man. Check out my Ditchingham Maltings explore, Sophos has been there too.
    Yep, already checked out your explores and Sophos9 as well ;)

    Ditchingham Maltings is on my list - I stopped by there the other week whilst on my way to a band rehearsal, but time was against me. The 2 venues I'm scoping are a little further down the road to Wainford.
    Discovering the forgotten......

    manof2worlds website
    e m a i l

  6. #25
    Join Date
    August 2009
    Location
    Norwich, U.K.
    Age
    53
    Posts
    253
    Thanked
    148

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by Black Shuck View Post
    I am a big City fan as well
    Cool, I did hear that Paul Lambert got a speeding ticket the other day and didn't complain - apparently he said he needed all the points he could get - BOOM BOOM!!!
    Discovering the forgotten......

    manof2worlds website
    e m a i l

  7. #26
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Location
    gt yarmouth
    Posts
    3,466
    Thanked
    1594

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by manof2worlds View Post
    Cool, I did hear that Paul Lambert got a speeding ticket the other day and didn't complain - apparently he said he needed all the points he could get - BOOM BOOM!!!
    Very Funny! You will be please to know I also have an interest in the Paranormal as does my Mrs! Big M.Haunted fans!
    And a dreadful thing from the cliff did spring. And its wild bark thrilled around. His eyes had the glow of the fires below. Twas the form of the Spectre Hound. 'Ha' yer fa'r got a dickey, bor?' 'Yis, an' he want a fule ter roide 'im, will yew cum?'

  8. #27
    Join Date
    August 2009
    Location
    Norwich, U.K.
    Age
    53
    Posts
    253
    Thanked
    148

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by Black Shuck View Post
    Big M.Haunted fans!
    Oh.

    We need to get together so I can educate you, and quick!!! I have a separate website for my paranormal side, I've been in it for years - was interviewed by Yvette Fielding and her husband back in 2004 to take over from Phil Whyman - still waiting for the phone call they promised me - lol.

    When you're back from your hols, we'll have to organise a get-together for urbex and paranormal. Perhaps an urbex ghost hunt?

    I can't message you on here at the moment, my e-mail is on my signature though :)
    Discovering the forgotten......

    manof2worlds website
    e m a i l

  9. #28
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Location
    gt yarmouth
    Posts
    3,466
    Thanked
    1594

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by manof2worlds View Post
    Oh.

    We need to get together so I can educate you, and quick!!! I have a separate website for my paranormal side, I've been in it for years - was interviewed by Yvette Fielding and her husband back in 2004 to take over from Phil Whyman - still waiting for the phone call they promised me - lol.

    When you're back from your hols, we'll have to organise a get-together for urbex and paranormal. Perhaps an urbex ghost hunt?

    I can't message you on here at the moment, my e-mail is on my signature though :)
    Ah I see. These subjects seem to go hand in hand!
    And a dreadful thing from the cliff did spring. And its wild bark thrilled around. His eyes had the glow of the fires below. Twas the form of the Spectre Hound. 'Ha' yer fa'r got a dickey, bor?' 'Yis, an' he want a fule ter roide 'im, will yew cum?'

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

About us
DerelictPlaces is a forum for people with an interest in the history and documentation of disused, derelict and abandoned buildings to come together and share their experiences, photography and historical findings. Our military, industrial and historical heritage is fast disappearing under the pressure of regeneration, the need for new housing, and often through simple neglect; Our aim is to document these places before they disappear entirely.
Follow us