Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: The Little Palace, Bran, Transylvania, Romania, April 2018

  1. #1
    Join Date
    January 2013
    Location
    People's Republic of South Yorkshire.
    Posts
    4,334
    Thanked
    8223

    Default The Little Palace, Bran, Transylvania, Romania, April 2018


    1. The History
    Can find absolutely nothing about this beautiful little palace in the middle of Bran anywhere on the web. Any search predictably brought-up info on the infinitely more famous Castle of Bran of Dracula fame (or Vlad the Impaler as he is also known as). Arguably one of the most famous castles in the world, it is one that brings in thousands of tourists.

    2. The Explore
    Or non-explore in reality. And the fifth and final report from my little tour of the delightful Romanian region of Transylvania. The second we rolled into this tourist hot-spot this little gem caught by eye. This place was pretty much locked-up and is on the main road and right slap bang in the middle of the ridiculously busy town Bran, meaning it was externals only and the odd peek through the windows. But it was a beautifully little place so thought it still merited a mention with it's turret, tin roof and lovely coloured glass arcade.

    3. The Pictures

    img7244 by HughieDW, on Flickr

    img7230 by HughieDW, on Flickr

    img7231 by HughieDW, on Flickr



    img7232 by HughieDW, on Flickr

    img7233 by HughieDW, on Flickr

    img7234 by HughieDW, on Flickr

    img7235 by HughieDW, on Flickr

    img7236 by HughieDW, on Flickr

    img7237 by HughieDW, on Flickr

    img7239 by HughieDW, on Flickr

    img7240 by HughieDW, on Flickr

    img7241 by HughieDW, on Flickr

    img7242 by HughieDW, on Flickr

    img7243 by HughieDW, on Flickr

    img7245 by HughieDW, on Flickr

    img7246 by HughieDW, on Flickr

  2. Thanks given by: Hugh Jorgan, J_a_t_33, krela, Locksley, Mearing, mtc3154, oldscrote, prettyvacant71, psykie, smiler, Tigershark, Trinpaul
  3.  
     
  4. #2
    Join Date
    April 2012
    Location
    braintree
    Posts
    1,638
    Thanked
    1793

    Default


    Gorgeous little building HD...couldn't you have done a bit of roof hopping and shimmy up that drainpipe onto that balcony and hung beneath it, then swung a bit until you gained some momentum then flung yourself over the railings and got in through that missing panel on the door??? Your heart wasn't really in it, was it HD?
    ...

  5. Thanks given by: HughieD
  6. #3
    Join Date
    January 2013
    Location
    People's Republic of South Yorkshire.
    Posts
    4,334
    Thanked
    8223

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by prettyvacant71 View Post
    Gorgeous little building HD...couldn't you have done a bit of roof hopping and shimmy up that drainpipe onto that balcony and hung beneath it, then swung a bit until you gained some momentum then flung yourself over the railings and got in through that missing panel on the door??? Your heart wasn't really in it, was it HD?
    Lol. Alas the mind was willing but the body was weak PV

    Plus didn't want to aggravate the war wound.

  7. #4
    Join Date
    February 2015
    Location
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Age
    60
    Posts
    2,264
    Thanked
    1492

    Default


    Pretty Vacant, this is HughieD, an Urban Explorer and not some guy trying to deliver a box of Milk Tray. Yikes, roof hopping, shimmy up drainpipes.
    Last edited by Hugh Jorgan; 25th May 18 at 15:25.
    When the going gets tough - the tough get going.

  8. #5
    Join Date
    January 2013
    Location
    People's Republic of South Yorkshire.
    Posts
    4,334
    Thanked
    8223

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jorgan View Post
    Pretty Vacant, this is HughieD, an Urban Explorer and not some guy trying to deliver a box of Milk Tray. Yikes, roof hopping, shimmy up drainpipes.
    Like you say, my days of shimmying up drain pipes are long gone ;-)
    Last edited by HughieD; 25th May 18 at 16:50.

  9. Thanks given by: Hugh Jorgan
  10. #6
    Join Date
    October 2010
    Location
    Lost in Cornwall
    Posts
    4,669
    Thanked
    3322

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by HughieD View Post
    Like you say, my days of shimmying up drain pipes are long gone ;-)
    You youngsters make things way too hard, just trip up your mate so he/she falls against that shaky door, you have to rescue em right,some helpful folk will get involved, while that is happening, nip in and take a look,
    Nice One Hughie, Thanks
    Smiler
    😁

  11. Thanks given by: HughieD
  12. #7
    Join Date
    February 2015
    Location
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Age
    60
    Posts
    2,264
    Thanked
    1492

    Default


    I decided to try and find out a bit more information on this building. I went into Google Street Maps and found the building, and then I clicked on the date and found that the Google camera car had photographed this in 2009 so I clicked on to the 2009 image. I think it could be a very early schoolhouse. There's a bell, a large car park to the right which could be a playground and your second photo shows what could be the remains of a clock. That's all I have.
    When the going gets tough - the tough get going.

  13. #8
    Join Date
    January 2013
    Location
    People's Republic of South Yorkshire.
    Posts
    4,334
    Thanked
    8223

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jorgan View Post
    I decided to try and find out a bit more information on this building. I went into Google Street Maps and found the building, and then I clicked on the date and found that the Google camera car had photographed this in 2009 so I clicked on to the 2009 image. I think it could be a very early schoolhouse. There's a bell, a large car park to the right which could be a playground and your second photo shows what could be the remains of a clock. That's all I have.
    Good work Hugh...you got further than I did. And that does sound plausible.

  14. Thanks given by: Hugh Jorgan
  15. #9
    Join Date
    June 2008
    Age
    50
    Posts
    341
    Thanked
    25

    Default


    Really very nice. The architecture is very similar to what we have in Trinidad from the 1800's

Similar Threads

  1. Independenta Sibiu, Transylvania, Romania, April 2018
    By HughieD in forum Overseas Sites
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 23rd May 18, 13:23
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 19th May 18, 21:02
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13th May 18, 17:32
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10th May 18, 17:45
  5. Transylvania
    By Gangeox in forum Overseas Sites
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 9th Dec 08, 10:31

About us
DerelictPlaces is a forum for people with an interest in the history and documentation of disused, derelict and abandoned buildings to come together and share their experiences, photography and historical findings. Our military, industrial and historical heritage is fast disappearing under the pressure of regeneration, the need for new housing, and often through simple neglect; Our aim is to document these places before they disappear entirely.
Follow us