Denso, Hall Green, Birmingham

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BULLYMEISTER

Reaction score
Just to let you known it will be no more after this long weekend. Will pop along Sunday to see if there is anything left. I know there has been a few posts on here but just thought I would post a couple of my own pics from a couple of weeks ago up to yesterday.

IMG_1768.jpg

IMG_1767_edited-1.jpg

DSC_1491.jpg

DSC_1489.jpg

DSC_1747.jpg

DSC_1749.jpg

DSC_2186.jpg

DSC_2177.jpg

DSC_2175.jpg

The firm were better known as Joseph Lucas LTD, most of the buildings were built by them in the 50's and 60's though they bought an existing factory on the site in the 1920's. Denso only really came in when they bought the factory in 1999.

Lucas made hundreds of products mostly for the automotive and aviation industry's - mostly electronic items. In Birmingham they had multiple factory's and were one of the biggest employers in the city.

I highly reccomend the lucas memorys website, the page on these works, Shaftmoor Lane Factory can be found here and are well worth reading, http://www.lucasmemories.co.uk/site/BW3/index.htm

I'll have to sort out some of my pre-demolition pictures at some point soon.

The firm were better known as Joseph Lucas LTD, most of the buildings were built by them in the 50's and 60's though they bought an existing factory on the site in the 1920's. Denso only really came in when they bought the factory in 1999.

Lucas made hundreds of products mostly for the automotive and aviation industry's - mostly electronic items. In Birmingham they had multiple factory's and were one of the biggest employers in the city.

I highly reccomend the lucas memorys website, the page on these works, Shaftmoor Lane Factory can be found here and are well worth reading, http://www.lucasmemories.co.uk/site/BW3/index.htm

I'll have to sort out some of my pre-demolition pictures at some point soon.

Some of those guys still work at, what is now, Goodrich lol

Latest posts

Back