Farm and buildings nr Welshpool

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lurch

Reaction score
Almost abandonned farm near Welshpool, seen as I drove past, the house being clearly neglected.

I thought the farm was still in use as the yard was full of wrapped silage bales, but when I explored, I found the whole place empty apart from a small family of kittens, and the three cows in one of the sheds.

The house still has bits of stuff in it, all of which appears to be 50's vintage, suggesting that the owner probably died not too long ago. I could have got in but didn't.

The shed at the back would be fascinating to trawl through if you had the time, its literally piled high with stuff. It looks like house and business clearance stuff of various ages.

Only three cows now in residence where one there would probably have been hundreds.

There is still some activity on the site though very little. As I stepped out of the shed with the cows in, I saw what looked like the owner showing someone around the front of the house. I stepped out expecting a row, only to find they both had their back to me, and so neither noticed as I walked up the yard, and out the main gate. Bit of relief there.

Farm001.jpg

Farm002.jpg

Farm003.jpg

nice window detail, probably to be replaced by UPVC anytime soon . .shame.
Farm004.jpg

Farm005.jpg

Shame about this apple tree, loads of fruit down, and the tree chopped down as well
Farm006.jpg

Farm007.jpg

Farm008.jpg

Farm009.jpg

Interesting detail on the grain hopper
Farm010.jpg

Farm011.jpg

Farm012.jpg

A Fergie 35 descending into the undergrowth
Farm013.jpg

Farm014.jpg

Farm015.jpg

On iron horse which looks largely complete
Farm016.jpg

Bit of a surprise to find this dead cow rotting at the back of the shed. I know its illegal not to bury a carcass, but I haven't rung environment health just yet.
Farm017.jpg

The chicken shed, cedar clad, probably from the 60's, now full of stuff
Farm018.jpg

Farm019.jpg

Farm020.jpg

Farm021.jpg

Farm022.jpg

Farm023.jpg

Boot rack for an MGB, or spitfire
Farm024.jpg

Farm025.jpg

Farm026.jpg