Shoreham Cement Works, December 2009

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Concentration F

Reaction score
I've got a few reports from before Christmas which need putting up so I'll start with this one. Visited with Randomnut and his mate (soz, really can't remember her name!) on a cold winters morning. So cold in fact that i had to nip into a local charity shop to buy a scarf and hat for the day.

Some info stolen from Abandoned Britain:

Lying on the main road between Shoreham and Upper Beeding Is the sprawling site of Shoreham Cement Works. Once a major employer in the area its towering structure now lies empty.

There has been a limestone quarry on this site since 1851 and the end to production in 1991 marked the end of over 150 years of activity. The owners had no obligation to demolish the buildings or restore the landscape to its natural state, so production was simply stopped, leaving the buildings as a well known local monument.

The site stands in two halves spit by the main road with a tunnel connecting the two halves of the site. The western side was the main entrance to the site home to the distribution plant and the administrative blocks. To the east the industrial site and quarry.

Not a bad first site as you enter the main building:

downstairs1.jpg

Underneath:

downstairs2.jpg

...and inside:

Insidethemixer.jpg

Upstairs we go:

upstairs5.jpg

upstairs3.jpg

upstairs2.jpg

upstairs1.jpg

pipesvignetted.jpg

upstairs6.jpg

Remains of the conveyor belts:

Conveyorbeltremnants.jpg

Awesome site, and we only did one side of it :cry:

I think these are great...heard that this place is tricky to do, so well done for achieving it.:)

Latest posts

Back