National Temperence Hospital in London

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nick_london

Reaction score
With regards to the former threads and posts about the National Temperence Hospital......

The National Temperence Hospital was open until mid-1990, it also featured special social service services in the unoccupied rooms of the hospital, after closure, it was used for storage. In 1998 there was lights on, up until 2004 it was used for both storage and administration purposes by UCLH, Over the last few years, it was sold off to the Natiional Medical Research for £80 Million, they was going to use the site for animal testing and medical research purposes, however the site deemed to small so they are not going to use the site, and therefore remain unused. In fact I think the site is still used for storage as well as carparking space outside,they still have on site security.

The next door building is an outpatients department for drug and alcohol problems so technicallly it remains a temperence service.

The rest of the hopsitals responsibilities remain at the main hopsital building at UCLH.

For now the hospital remains derelict, Local MP's plan to knock this fantastic building down as well as the BHS warehouse across Cardington Road, I SAY NO! They shoud re-open it as a temperence hospital, they keep moaning about Britain having problems with alcohol, so why not use it again, sod Margaret Thatcher, she is gone! So reopen it!!!!

On the outside this building ticked all the right boxes for me, ie semi-gothic workhouse Victorian - nice.

IMGP1248.jpg

IMGP1249.jpg

IMGP1252.jpg

IMGP1254.jpg

Started off quite promising...
IMGP1703.jpg

IMGP1704.jpg

IMGP1705.jpg

IMGP1710.jpg

But mainly the rooms were stripped and empty...
IMGP1712.jpg

Some details still remain...
IMGP1717.jpg

...and I really liked the "conservatory" corridors...
IMGP1720.jpg

image5_1.jpg

This one links to the Insull building, which is totally locked down...
IMGP1725.jpg

Quite a nice cast iron balcony
IMGP1727.jpg

Quick tour of the basement, flooded...
image19.jpg

image23.jpg

image26.jpg

Must be the only item of hospital equipment in the building...
image25.jpg

Great report and i notice it's your first, had my eye on this you have made me want to go even more keep the report coming :)

Latest posts

Back