Rank Hovis Mill, Ramsgate, May 2010

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom46

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Just a short one from me.

Before we went over to Richborough we had a look around here. Luckily, we still had the sun which made for a few nice pictures. Very nice and relaxed explore as well. This place is fairly mint on the inside, with lots of machinery left and, unlike its brother in Docklands, lovely safe floors for the most part!

There isn't an awful lot of history that I could find about this place... but it was built in the late Victorian period and provided a lot of local jobs. However, while Rank Hovis is still operating, continuing modernisation and growing efficiency has rendered many of its sites obsolete. The site was recently purchased by Ashley Homes for 'state of the art loft-style apartments'. Nice.

This place is actually quite a bit smaller than I had envisaged and unfortunately we didn't manage to find the air-raid shelter underneath (we weren't too interested in it, truth be told, but it would be good to go back and see it). These were done on film again, so please forgive any sloppiness! Visited again with Kent-Urbex.

front.jpg

floor.jpg

machine.jpg

gone.jpg

view.jpg

panel.jpg

key.jpg

sunlight.jpg

windows.jpg

Thank yous :)

Last edited:
Liking the film shots. :) Has the mill been closed for a few years, or more recently?

Liking the film shots. :) Has the mill been closed for a few years, or more recently?

It seems to be fairly recent, I would guess within the last five years. Part of it is being used as a builder's storage facility as well.

Nice to see one in such good condition,great find.The final photo is brilliant and captures the atmosphere of the place:)

Thanks mate :) Nice shots... you got all the ones I tried that turned out shit :p

Latest posts

Back