Geodis United Distribution Warehouse

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damon

Reaction score
Well I've not actually been onto the site as yet, but decided to have a quick reccy whilst walking the dog today. Took a few snapshots and found a nice access point through the otherwise well fenced perimeter.

Geodis is one of the top 5 international distribution companies. The "United Distribution" arm of their UK operations was terminated in 2002. My interest was peaked with the following article in the local newspaper's archives.

MOD deal again
From the Lancashire Evening Telegraph, first published Tuesday 4th Jul 2000.

GEODIS United Carriers, which has a depot in Bury, has announced it has successfully re-tendered for the Ministry of Defence UK freight and parcels contract.

A spokesman for the Ministry said: "The award was made following a competitive tender exercise involving a number of major carriers and the Geodis United Carriers proposal was deemed to represent the best value for money from among the proposals submitted."

The period of the contract is for two years.

Peter Halshaw of Geodis said: "We are proud to have retained the MOD freight and parcels contract, particularly in the face of such fierce competition."

RIMG0752.jpg

RIMG0747.jpg

RIMG0748.jpg

RIMG0749.jpg

RIMG0750.jpg

RIMG0751.jpg

With any luck, I can get together with someone and have a closer look. Chances are there's nothing specifically MOD related inside, but thats no reason not to have a nosey anyway. :D

I could only get a decent view of one side and the front as shown in the pics. The rear wasn't easy to see from where I could get to at the time. The doors are boarded on this side, however who's to say what lies at the back or the far side.

Given that the perimeter fence has been broken through, blocked, and busted again, I daresay some little towrag will have gained entry to the building somewhere.

Edit: Had another look at the pics, there is old chipboard covering the front windows & door, but the boards over the side doors look a lot newer. I get the impression that someone has been in before but the unit has been secured again. I think I'll take a closer look tomorrow....

Latest posts

Back