Revisit - Westworld Raceway, Winnards Perch cornwall February 2011

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scaramanger

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
This is a follow up report to one I did towards the end of last year. You might wan't to read that before you get stuck in to this. [ame]http://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/main/showthread.php?t=16556[/ame]

The weather was lousy with poor flat light so I made the best of it I could.

I'd hear'd a rumour demo work had started on this site so I thought I'd better get down there before it's all gone. For those who have fond memories of this place take a swig of whiskey before you read on....

retallackrevisit1.jpg

Remains of one of the portable buildings

retallackrevisit2.jpg

Flattened

retallack5.jpg

Discarded plans for one of the "holiday homes"

retallackrevisit3.jpg

retallackrevisit4.jpg

retallackrevisit5.jpg

retallackrevisit7.jpg

Remains of the top curve..

retallackrevisit9.jpg

Some of the tiered steps have been removed...

retallackrevisit10.jpg

Race control & cafe

retallackrevisit11.jpg

As I looked through the window to take this shot I was overcome by a strong smell of fried chips....A year plus since the last batch was served up !!

retallackrevisit12.jpg

retallackrevisit13.jpg

Trackside lamp post..

retallackrevisit14.jpg

Tannoy system

retallackrevisit15.jpg

retallackrevisit16.jpg

Remains of the Commentator's kiosk

retallackrevisit17.jpg

Random chair....?

retallackrevisit18.jpg

retallackrevisit21.jpg

retallackrevisit22.jpg

This is where the heavy steel track gate once hung..Probably weighed in down the local scrap merchant's

retallackrevisit23.jpg

retallackrevisit24.jpg

And thats about it. Whilst on the banger theme I then headed over to St Day to catch some live banger action. When I got there play was held up for at least an hour as someone had destroyed the circuit wall !!

stdayrace3.jpg

Thanks for looking..

Thanks for posting again..:)
Really does look sad now doesn't it, especially with the bleak skies
When all else has been demolished, that brown sauce will hang on in somewhere!! :lol:

-RR :)

Great pictures; although the writing was on the wall, its such a shame to see another track bulldozed...

Whenever we holidayed in Cornwall (circa early 2000's), there was always a midweek trip to see BriSCA F2 racing at this great little track, promoted by Autospeed. Always remember the ridiculously long drive to the car park, amongst the new log cabins that had been built at the time! Always rained there too!

Anyone know what's planned for the site? I can only assume it will be more log cabins / holiday chalets...

I think it is being demolished because of the planned wave park nearby:(

Hello 114 072 22

so i was correct on the intel what a shame its now gone you got some nice shots there mate see you tomorrow

Nice post, strange how all the sauces are still on the tables! Amazing how people can just completely abandon places.

wow amazed that the track in st day is still going last time i went there was back in the late 80s nice pictures by the way

Incredibly I just noticed in the local press the company responsible for tearing up this place went in to administration in March. Typical..developers......

Latest posts

Back