Abandoned Manor Farm House (V. Pic Heavy!)

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neill

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
This abandoned Farm Manor House is truly amazing, and was a complete nightmare...more of the nightmare later.

It's part of a larger farm which is also abandoned, as I have so many photos of this place I will report on the farm itself later.

All was going well as I approached and began snapping away with my main camera when I then found that the battery was dead. No problem I reached for my small pocket camera and carried on snapping away, when...the battery on this camera also died. I was then left with my iPhone to take what pictures I could. The camera built-in to the phone is, well.. CR*P! So sorry for the poor quality interior shots. I also had no torch so I used the flash on the phone as a torch. To take pictures I had to switch off the torch on the phone, stand in total darkness and then switch onto camera mode, point the phone in what I though was the right direction, take a picture, then check the picture, then repeat the process for each picture. After standing in the dark for over an hour the 'Hammer House of Horror' look of the place started to dawn on me..

1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3.jpg

4-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

And now inside...

2.jpg

1a.jpg

1b.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

IMG_0926.jpg

IMG_0929.jpg

IMG_0931.jpg

IMG_0937.jpg

IMG_0969.jpg

The bathroom floor has rotted away as there is mains water pouring out from the plumbing. The roll-top bath has fallen through two floors down to the basement. Look at the loo, it's hanging from the plumbing pipes, with no floor under it.

IMG_0972.jpg

IMG_0976.jpg

IMG_0980.jpg

IMG_0994.jpg

IMG_0997.jpg

The front door.

IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_1005.jpg

Down to the basement.. I didn't have the guts to go down there!

IMG_1007.jpg

P1040525.jpg

And this is where I nearly dropped my load... I was standing in total darkness and took the next picture, I then stood there and checked the shot... look at the shaddow across the middle of the picture...

IMG_0989.jpg

On the way back

8-1.jpg

2nd Visit - I went back this with a friend of mine, and a working camera flash! We did the whole place this time and went down into the cellar with high power LED torches. Here's a few extra pics of this second visit

CD2b.jpg

CD2e.jpg

CD2h.jpg

CD2i.jpg

CD2m.jpg

CF2a.jpg

CD2f.jpg

CD2c.jpg

CD2j.jpg

CD2g.jpg

CD2l.jpg

CD2k.jpg

CD2d.jpg

CD2n.jpg

Enjoy!

N.

Last edited:
wow - rather you than me..
the place looks so scary

and well done on your pics - considering you were only left with an iphone to ake pics in the dark they aint half come out well.....adds to the effect of the place.....

Youv'e got to go back with a torch to see whats in the basement! could be all sorts of interesting things down there :icon_evil :icon_evil :icon_evil :icon_evil

Great looking place, if rather like a haunted house, did you open the trunk in the 6th indoor pic and a ghost jumped out :lol: :lol:

Not in Lincolnshire/Norfolk by any chance is it?

-RR :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments. The place is in Gloucestershire.

As for the basement, I plan to go back with BIG torch. The last time I did a place like this with a friend of mine, we found in an attic room a fully dressed tailors dummy layed out on a bed. At first we though it was a decapitated body on the bed!

When I go back, with a camera and a fully charged battery, I will post the pictures together with the farm pictures later. The farm is almost as good as the house.

The bathroom floor has rotted away as there is mains water pouring out from the plumbing. The roll-top bath has fallen through two floors down to the basement. Look at the loo, it's hanging from the plumbing pipes, with no floor under it.

Mains water still on? Good grief! Water companies really don't have a clue.

And this is where I nearly dropped my load... I was standing in total darkness and took the next picture, I then stood there and checked the shot... look at the shaddow across the middle of the picture...

What am I looking for? I can't see anything.

Thats a great looking place, i love the old symbol and date on the outside.

Would be amazing to see it restored

Mains water still on? Good grief! Water companies really don't have a clue..

I know, there was some post in the outside letter box, including a request from e-On asking to come and read the electricity metre!

What am I looking for? I can't see anything.

The shaddows across the centre of the photo - it wasn't my doing!

Thanks for the comments. The place is in Gloucestershire.

As for the basement, I plan to go back with BIG torch. The last time I did a place like this with a friend of mine, we found in an attic room a fully dressed tailors dummy layed out on a bed. At first we though it was a decapitated body on the bed!

When I go back, with a camera and a fully charged battery, I will post the pictures together with the farm pictures later. The farm is almost as good as the house.

Looks a great place what a find where abouts in gloucs is it! Kind of:exclaim: reminds me of potters manor i love that manor x
:)

Love It, fantastic place, toilet looks a little iffy lol, I bet you had to watch your footing, great explore

Nice find mate, Can't wait to see the re visit.

This is exactly why I never go out without a compact :), oh yes, ain't I a smart arse :mrgreen:

You do find some nice stuff mate, I've just remembered your tree house post :)

I have just added a few pictures of a 2nd visit I made with a friend. They are tagged onto the end of my original report. As you will see we found a few little black friends there!

N.

Rather you than me! (I wouldn't have made it very far with only a camera flash to see the way...I've seen the Dr Whos with the weeping angels... :sick:

Good optical illusion with the tile shot when you scroll down past it! Looks a very interesting place, thanks for being brave! :p

Well Done Neill,
Considering all the hassle you had in getting the pics for us to share, you rate a ten out of ten, I was enjoying it until the pic of what looks like Bats?, if they were Bats? My advice is to inform the local Bat Group. (There will be one) who will be delighted with your find and you will get a gold star.
Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Back