Seddons packaging and print northamptonshire

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex76

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Hay folks, well I woke up this morning and could not wait to get out with my camera.
Well this was the first site I visited and recorded last year with my two very good friends Chris and Matt but on my first visited I had a crap basic 2.0 mega pixel compact camera which had a habit of switching to a random setting every time I put it in my pocket so all my shots had a brown affect to them.
Well the site I revisited was seddon packaging and print the building orient house was built in the late 18th century and was first used as C&K clothing then was used as a printers supplying box’s and printing for the boot and shoe industry which played a major part in Northamptonshire’s industry supplying most jobs in the area. And then over the years it also supplied boxes for jigsaws board games and such the like as well as shoe boxes.
Well seddons had two factories one with virtually identical design which was cross the road from this one and has now been converted to stylish flats. Seddons went bust and cease trading about 3-4 years ago. Well to my disappointment could not take many photos of some of the original features as I was collared by a nosey neighbour so it was time for a sharp but shady exit before the :policeman: turned up so on with the shots and hope you enjoy.

IMG_0973.jpg

IMG_0974.jpg

IMG_0971.jpg

IMG_0970.jpg

IMG_0969.jpg

IMG_0968.jpg

IMG_0967.jpg

IMG_0966.jpg

IMG_0965.jpg

IMG_0964.jpg

IMG_0963.jpg

IMG_0962.jpg

IMG_0961.jpg

IMG_0960.jpg

IMG_0959.jpg

IMG_0958.jpg

IMG_0957.jpg

IMG_0956.jpg

IMG_0955.jpg

IMG_0954.jpg

IMG_0953.jpg

IMG_0952.jpg

IMG_0950.jpg

IMG_0949.jpg

IMG_0947.jpg

IMG_0944.jpg

And this is how it looked in its prime

9_111675495512895_100000113362844_268780_3091405_n.jpg

Thanks for looking peeps :mrgreen:

seddons

thats brill. its strange all the boxes are all there, with all the kettering layabouts going it im suprised its not been set fire to.the times i drive past and the windows are open again.by the way i never call you a layabout, you were brought up proper xx ;)

thats brill. its strange all the boxes are all there, with all the kettering layabouts going it im suprised its not been set fire to.the times i drive past and the windows are open again.by the way i never call you a layabout, you were brought up proper xx ;)

I was not laying down I was taking photographs haha...:mrgreen:

i cant believe how bad its got now :(
i saw on saturday they have spray painted top floor windows now

Linky

this is one of my fave shots of seddons although i nearly coughed up a lung after, it was worth it :)

classic staircase by M D Allen, on Flickr

yeah the kids have made a right mess of the place now i do love your shots of place cheers MD :mrgreen:

Nice piece of industrial history here, shame about the noisy neighbour, would have been nice too see some original features. Thanks for sharing.

Good grief that has gone downhill so much since I was last there :( Nice to see some more recent pics anyway.

Ahhh the jigsaw puzzle place!

Does anyone whos been know if the markings in the basement are of air raid shelter origin?

Ahhh the jigsaw puzzle place!

Does anyone whos been know if the markings in the basement are of air raid shelter origin?

no the box factory....
and no the markings dont
they are just basements and tunnel that joined both factories

Kettering Cartons, member of the British Paper Box Federation since 1946 no less :p

seddons

Fire At Former Kettering Factory
An investigation`s under way after a fire at a former printing factory in Kettering. Crews were called to Seddons in Filed Street in the early hours of this morning-2 people were rescued from ther building and treated by paramedics.

seddons

ive been saying that for months, one by what i was told was in a real bad way.

Latest posts

Back