Spurn Point Part 3

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichCooper

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
This is the last lot from this trip and is mainly of the Artillery Battery S0015114
Pics run roughly from east to west,Once again thanks for the comments on the first two parts
Enjoy :)

First up is of what we now think is an old WW! 3" AA emplacement which we are gonna have more of a dig around in a couple of weeks

1 by codseeker, on Flickr

2 by codseeker, on Flickr

3 by codseeker, on Flickr

Then came the main emplacements

4 by codseeker, on Flickr

5 by codseeker, on Flickr

6 by codseeker, on Flickr

7 by codseeker, on Flickr

8 by codseeker, on Flickr

9 by codseeker, on Flickr

10 by codseeker, on Flickr

11 by codseeker, on Flickr

12 by codseeker, on Flickr

13 by codseeker, on Flickr

14 by codseeker, on Flickr

15 by codseeker, on Flickr

16 by codseeker, on Flickr

17 by codseeker, on Flickr

18 by codseeker, on Flickr

19 by codseeker, on Flickr

20 by codseeker, on Flickr

21 by codseeker, on Flickr

22 by codseeker, on Flickr

23 by codseeker, on Flickr

24 by codseeker, on Flickr

25 by codseeker, on Flickr

26 by codseeker, on Flickr

27 by codseeker, on Flickr

28 by codseeker, on Flickr

29 by codseeker, on Flickr

30 by codseeker, on Flickr

31 by codseeker, on Flickr

32 by codseeker, on Flickr

33 by codseeker, on Flickr

34 by codseeker, on Flickr

35 by codseeker, on Flickr

36 by codseeker, on Flickr

37 by codseeker, on Flickr

38 by codseeker, on Flickr

39 by codseeker, on Flickr

40 by codseeker, on Flickr

41 by codseeker, on Flickr

Then on the way out we nearly missed this bunker the entrance as you can see is pretty well hidden now by good old Ma Nature

42 by codseeker, on Flickr

43 by codseeker, on Flickr

44 by codseeker, on Flickr

45 by codseeker, on Flickr

46 by codseeker, on Flickr

Well I hope you liked the 3 reps on this great place we plan a return to get a few we missed so there may another one yet

It's a great place. I lovethe way the sand comes halfway up the bunkers on the inside. They say the point is gradually moving to one side.

Great post that looks like it was well worth looking round. I'd be inclined to go back in the winter when the groorowth has died down and you should be able to see more. :)

A good finale to what has been three very enjoyable and interesting posts. Lots of variety and NC's right, you'll get a better view of these defences in the winter. Thanks very much for these Rich. :)

Rich mate what can I say that already hasn't been said by the good fellows before me....Cracking stuff mate

Thx guys glad you enjoyed em and yea I'm thinking a winter trip for some more exterior shots is a plan :)

First Class report, well done for braving all those nettles and brambles.

Yup, echo everyone else here...a great tour of the area. So much has been decayed by nature that they've become interesting in the the way they look now, as well as in their original use.
Excellent stuff, Rich. :)

A seriously great report Rich, many thanks for posting. The concentration of military structures in this area is imense and now that you have done all the hard word and covered them all i might just treat Mrs Fluffy to a fun filled summer break up there !!!:mrgreen: LUCKY WOMAN !!!

A seriously great report Rich, many thanks for posting. The concentration of military structures in this area is imense and now that you have done all the hard word and covered them all i might just treat Mrs Fluffy to a fun filled summer break up there !!!:mrgreen: LUCKY WOMAN !!!

Hate to tell you this but we missed a few bits :) back again soon though

you have to find everything first mate :lol:

Think we're sorted now well on the point anyway the top end should be a straight forward point and click job I hope,need to get some of that period grafitti though , cant be much more concrete or the bloody tip would sink :lol: and fluffy dont tell your missus the nearest cuppa is 3 miles away

Some great pics - I've been twice to the area (ok with family and not serious concrete spotting) but cannot believe I missed so much!!!

Back