Heartbreak Hotel. Norfolk Jan 2012.

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Shuck

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Following MD's report I just had to go and have a gander for myself. An abandoned guest house on the Norfolk Coast a sad victim of coastal erosion and the effects of the North Sea.... bloody freezing cold day too by the sea..... I may have gone a bit pic crazy as there was so much to see so I'll apologise now if the thread gets a bit pic heavy....onwards and upwards hey ho!... Here's the front elevation of Hotel Fungus nestling a mere 10 feet from a 60 foot vertical sheer drop to the beach below....

DSCF1086.jpg

A quick arty farty shot of a nearby landmark

DSCF1087.jpg

DSCF1095.jpg

These old armchairs are just left in place to rot .. and had a certain derelict whiff to them... mmmmm luuuuvrrrvely...

DSCF1098.jpg

DSCF1100.jpg

Along the stairs on the ground floor were forlorn postcards sent from guests from around the world... very moving

DSCF1106.jpg

Here's a few close ups of some of the postcards..

DSCF1103.jpg

DSCF1119.jpg

DSCF1143.jpg

DSCF1146.jpg

DSCF1153.jpg

DSCF1162.jpg

DSCF1164.jpg

DSCF1124.jpg

Shux milkshake brings the explorers to the yard!!!..

DSCF1117.jpg

DSCF1108.jpg

DSCF1116.jpg

DSCF1126.jpg

DSCF1133.jpg

DSCF1135.jpg

That's all from Hotel Fungus for now... time to check out.... see ya:):goofy:

Thanks Kevsy.. it was an excellent place to shoot but bloody freezing.

Last edited:
Nice one Shucky always sad to see the slow torturous decline of a building.How long before the lighthouse goes over the edge or are there plans to move it?

That's bloody good question Oldscrote... the lighthouse is actually on a much larger clif around 120 feet compared to the guest house where at one point they were losing around a metre a year....The Lighhouse was built in 1790 apparently.

Lovely pics asalways! Not aged too badly has it!
Oh love the arty sky too btw!
Cheers X was blowing a bloody hooly that day as well. Look foward to teaming up with you again sometime soon. Plans are in motion!;):mrgreen:

Last edited:
Knew someone who bought a house nearby. We all thought he was bloody mad, untill we worked out it was cheaper to buy the house and have it fall down the cliff ten years later than rent! :lol:

Latest posts

Back