Bessingham/Bear Manor - (Some call it mellow yellow?) - (Feb 2013)

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebeachedwattle

Reaction score
First off, Hi... me first post here.

Long story short - found mesen with a couple of spare hours to kill, in North Norfolk recently. Wandering the country lanes, armed with my usual weapon/camera of choice, imagine my surprise when I stumble upon this derelict gaff...

Abound with exuberance I found a way in, I set about capturing what I could, thinking I'd return at a later date, better prepared. I spent a quick hour scampering around the bottom floor... being on my own and seeing the condition of the higher floors, I didn't fancy risking life and limb getting up there!

Alongside reviewing my captures when I got home, I googled the subject matter and came across this forum... a mixture of dismay, relief and excitement enveloped me. Dismay, because someone else had been before me, and higher! Relief, because on reflection given the warnings I've seen here, I didn't go higher!

Excitement, because I may have found some like minded peeps?

I deliberated hard, before posting these. But in an effort to furthering this bug that seems to have bitten me...

on with the pictures. No history, as such (as on searching here, it seems to have been done to death.)

Bessingham Manor - Fireplace. by thebeachedwattle, on Flickr

Bessingham Manor - Hallway corridor. by thebeachedwattle, on Flickr

Bessingham Manor - Corner Door. by thebeachedwattle, on Flickr

Bessingham Manor - AGA (needs a service). by thebeachedwattle, on Flickr

Bessingham Manor - Kitchen Table. by thebeachedwattle, on Flickr

Bessingham Manor - Mellow Yellow. by thebeachedwattle, on Flickr

Bessingham Manor - Play It Again Sam. by thebeachedwattle, on Flickr

Bessingham Manor - Kitchen Utensils. by thebeachedwattle, on Flickr

Anyways... thanks for looking and a few extra photos available in the Flickr link in my signature, below if you feel so inclined.

Also, if you fancy a quick PM to introduce yourself with a view to hooking up in the Norfolk, Suffolk, Lincs or Cambs area, I'd love to hear from you. Looking to further this buzz...

Welcome along!
Fantastic photos!
I've climbed the parapets of Chateau Noisy and slept in Chernobyl night after night, but you would not catch me going upstairs in Bessingham Manor!
Glad you found us, look forward to seeing more!

Welcome to the team :) continue like that, maybe with a couple more photos and you'll get offers of explores I'm sure ;)
It really is a bug!

Thanks very much for the kind words and effectively an endorsement, to carry on doing some more of a similar nature.

*goes off to scope further subject matter*

Nice shots am from Norfolk too. How come you never went up to the top floor? Its easy when you got to the first floor. My favourite two rooms are on the 2nd floor.
Shame about that table in the kitchen, don't remember it being broken:(

I've climbed the parapets of Chateau Noisy and slept in Chernobyl night after night, but you would not catch me going upstairs in Bessingham Manor!

Ha ha its not that bad. My mate had me go along to one of the bedrooms along the dodgy hallway. She wanted to check out the clothes in the wardrobe! I was packing it!!

How come you never went up to the top floor? Its easy when you got to the first floor. My favourite two rooms are on the 2nd floor.

Hi darbians, it was a rather impromptu flit about to be honest and the higher floors looked a little too dodgy for a first outing. Having since seen some photos of the two rooms you mention, already has me planing a return visit. Hopefully I'll crack 'em next time?

From what I've gleaned, the damage to the table in the kitchen is recent (last 3 months). Shame, best I get upto the top, before that disappears too...

Great shots! I like the decoration in the living room. You can imagine people sitting by the fire being serenaded by the organ in its heyday. Such a shame to see the state of the place now.

Latest posts

Back