The old biscuit factory, Glasgow. Jan 2013

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scattergun

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
This one though turned out to be a pretty good mooch. Five story's for us to run around with production line space running end to end, warehouses, offices, machine rooms, you name it. The place is a well known landmark, primarily due to where it's situated. I've been meaning to do this for as long as I can remember but only got round to it a few weeks ago. Not much left inside and with the regularity in which it gets trashed I'm surprised it's still standing. This is a wee quick fire report for me as my internets been gubbed so I've been itching to get back to the urbex front line!

History's a little thin but the place was a biscuit factory that ran from 1862 to 2001. By the time of its closure it was being run by Nestle and was the Scottish HQ of the famous Blue Riband, which the plant produced at a rate of 2000 a minute. It also made Kit Kats and Caramacs! Mmm, chocolate....

Picture time. Enjoy :)

Gray-Dunn-Co-8.jpg

Gray-Dunn-Co-11.jpg

Gray-Dunn-Co-25.jpg

Gray-Dunn-Co-27.jpg

Gray-Dunn-Co-3.jpg

Gray-Dunn-Co-6.jpg

Gray-Dunn-Co-2.jpg

Gray-Dunn-Co-28.jpg

Gray-Dunn-Co-22.jpg

cheers guys :) I did look frantically for the kit kats but to be honest I was dreading finding one. The place has been shut for over a decade after all..

Dont touch the open mars bars... theyre not mars bars!

Nice work mate

Wise words, I would reiterate them to all our brothers in arms who ever stumble across this place. I know the vandals are notorious for setting traps but that one's uncalled for.

It's not as fooked as it looks to be honest. Structure is still solid. It's exterior brickwork and fittings that are being pulled wrecked. As long as you watch your step it's safe enough to wander around :)

I'd not seen this one before, rather liking this one, a cracking set of pics with a fab light

Cheers for the comment Mr Fraggle. Don't think its really been done much before mate, despite how long its been sat there. Getting in can be intimidating - lots of cameras and security and it's right in the middle of an industrial estate which doesn't help. Might be the reason why no one sees much of it.

Latest posts

Back