Bradgate nursing home, Leicestershire, Aug13

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Wombat

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I’ve visited before, but was never happy with my previous photos, so was looking forward to a return trip here. Its been stripped, tagged & trashed, but still lots to see. Its been known by a few names, including Zachary Merton home, and Bradgate care home.
Group explore with the most excellent company of Pom, Juju, Catsvstyle, Baz, Gabe, Lost explorer & King Mongoose. We had a good look around, but came across a group of kids who were probably up to no good.

I absolutely love the external of this place in its state of overgrowth, and it is even more photogenic in summer. The inside is so horrendously trashed that its difficult to find a window that the bloody vandals haven’t got to yet. Even the Doctor Muriel graffiti has got graffiti on it!

The external shots I took recently when the weather was more favourable. This may be last explore for a while… but I will be back!

History
It was built as the Charnwood Convalescent Hospice for injured soliders in 1937. After WW2 it was made NHS and became a rehab centre/home for amputees and called Zachery Merton Convalescent Home. In 1999, the home was bought by the infamous Primelife Ltd and was renamed Bradgate Care Home. In 2006 Primelife moved into Charnwood Oaks in Shepshed, leaving Bradgate Care Home empty. Since then multiple housing associations have bought the site with the most resent application for demolition dating July 2012.

IMG_6438.jpg

IMG_6430.jpg

IMG_6441.jpg

04 And inside:
IMG_6461.jpg

IMG_6458.jpg

IMG_6466.jpg

IMG_6465.jpg

IMG_6473.jpg

09 the lift shaft (at least the vandals couldn't trash that)
IMG_6476.jpg

IMG_6478.jpg

IMG_6494.jpg

IMG_6496.jpg

IMG_6497.jpg

IMG_6488.jpg

IMG_6501.jpg

IMG_6471.jpg

17 And finally
IMG_6434.jpg

thanks for looking :)

You just want to get hold of the mindless chavs who smash places up for no other reason than that they ARE mindless chavs and smack some sense into them. This place, so serene from the outside has been - well - raped! And for what?

Sorry - rant over!

You just want to get hold of the mindless chavs who smash places up for no other reason than that they ARE mindless chavs and smack some sense into them. This place, so serene from the outside has been - well - raped! And for what?

Sorry - rant over!

Thats fine, rant away! I agree 100%
people dont always get my tunnels reports, but at least its all natural decay, and cant get trashed

I love these shots, I love this site! Ive been looking at threads on this forum for a while.

My hobby is based on war games and sites like these look amazing for what we do. Id be interested to take a walk round myself! The Wombat's threads always seem informative and the pictures are excellent. Keep up the good work.

I love these shots, I love this site! Ive been looking at threads on this forum for a while.

My hobby is based on war games and sites like these look amazing for what we do. Id be interested to take a walk round myself! The Wombat's threads always seem informative and the pictures are excellent. Keep up the good work.

Looks great, has this been demolished now?

I don't think its been demolished yet. There are plans to demolish it though, so get there quick!

Headed down to go explore, couldn't find it though and my phone died.
Google maps works wonders, heading back down soon, lets hope I can get it!

Latest posts

Back