Salvation Army Hostel Swindon

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chelle

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Paid a visit here today with Chelle the Pyestock Widow..This place is due for demo soon to make way for a massive regeneration of Swindon Town Centre.It used to house lots and lots of folk who fell by the wayside..whats the old saying..there but for the grace of god etc..etc...didnt think it would be particularly interesting but overall we both agreed that it must have been a harsh place at times for the residents judging by the small rooms that only had room for a bed..up to a room that actually had a small kitchen.The stark bare block walls and weird ceilings gave it a very regime-like appearance indeed.The pics:
Outside

Same

Dining room

Same

Check in

Lounge..honest!

One of the better rooms

Rules

Small cell like room that stunk

I have never seen one of these before ever

Finally the cells

Sorry if you all find this a tad underwhelming but I havent been in a place quite like it.
The rest here if you cant sleep! Regards from Stu....
http://news.webshots.com/album/560692999oBHGqJ

Last edited:
Different. Those ceilings remind me of the ones at the indoor market in Leicester, and i'm sure i've seen them somewhere else too. They certainly had some weird ideas in the 60's and 70's!

Sad to see the plants left to die like that. :(
Interesting exterior. A pity it can't be used for something else instead of being demolished.

Cheers :)

Thanx for all the comments on this place...Chelle looks forward to some new Pyestock reports so any of you folk who go in the site of sites please post your reports ASAP!
Regards from Stu...the other `arf of the Pyestock Widow.

Cheers for the pics Chelle, it looks like a block of flats from the outside. Like the ceiling in the dining room, very 70's lol. (jeez, i remember quite a few places in the 70's with those types of ceilings - :eek: - that shows my age lmao).

Like the sink/cooker/fridge combination, not seen any of those before either. Not too sure bout the sink in the cupboard tho lol.

Agree with the others about a building for homeless people being left to waste. Here we are with a large number of homeless people all over the uk, and then they're closing facilities like these, Crazy.

Cheers,

:) Sal

Cheers for the pics Chelle, it looks like a block of flats from the outside. Like the ceiling in the dining room, very 70's lol. (jeez, i remember quite a few places in the 70's with those types of ceilings - :eek: - that shows my age lmao).

The secondary school I went to had that type of ceiling in about 90% of it. its not derelict though..... although it should be:lol:

Latest posts

Back