Durham Palladium Theatre Explore Oct 07

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cerberus

Reaction score
This is a 1920s theatre and cinema, later a Bingo Hall in the centre of Durham. Been abandonded for a good 30 years+. Very little chaving as you'll see and lots of period 1960's/70's style. Massive place and a great explore.

I think this was the first time this place had been explored as it was well secured up until we found an unlikely access. I went in with a couple of other 28DL guys. Access is still possible as there's lots of new reports still being posted on 28DL about this place since I added my report a few weeks ago.

By a stroke of luck power was still on and I found the master switch for the house lights, and what lights still worked came up helping photography a bit.

The exterior, not much to look at the front but its massive round the back.

Img_1356-1.jpg

This bar is straight put of the 70s!

Img_1429.jpg

The stalls
Img_1407.jpg

Balcony - note the remains of ornate wall decoration
Img_1439.jpg

Projectionist room, whats in here?
Img_1424.jpg

Img_1414.jpg

Img_1418.jpg

Img_1420.jpg

Img_1438.jpg

Chain driven film winding
Img_1443.jpg

Img_1409.jpg

Managers office
Img_1430.jpg

Bingo days:
Img_1432.jpg

Img_1449.jpg

Img_1447.jpg

Img_1444.jpg

Some other misc shots
Img_1455.jpg

Img_1454.jpg

Img_1433.jpg

Img_1422.jpg

Excellent explore Cerberus. :D
That's a great bar...love the stained-glass window too. Interesting to see all the different gaming machines and bingo stuff...how times change, eh? :lol:

Cheers :)

Excellant report Cerberus,I too saw this on 28DL and also think it is an awful waste of nostalgia...if only it could re-open as a cinema,it would bring back the intimacy of the old flicks...nowadays the big multi-plex`s are just ticket churning money making places...sign o the times I spose.
thanx for the report and also the ace pics.

This must have been so fascinating, brilliant explore, It would be interesting to know what the last film that was shown.

Simon-G

Can't say thank-you enough for those photos.

For a long time I have been fascinated by the Palladium building. Always wanted to see what it looks like inside.

Does anyone know how much damage was done by the fire?

Welcome to DP .. maybe after all this time the place has been converted or even knocked down.

Latest posts

Back