Iron House, Scotland - March 2015

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stussy

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
This explore was a fairly random find for myself, after a day out looking around my local area some locations I had spotted previously I passed this place unexpectedly. A quick stop, run along and peek in the windows to check if it was empty and had potential, creeping up behind the building peering in the small back window, it a cracking looking vintage cooker it looked like it had potential!!

A week or two passes before I return to avert any suspicious neighbours wondering why my car would be parked up close by. After my first look, I was excited to get in and have a proper look around, I wasn't disappointed!

16700419389_668463d39d_c.jpg

16266557373_f6c8e59720_c.jpg

16885563401_e8b658a498_c.jpg

16698930288_a2772c561b_c.jpg

16266563293_9234f6c778_c.jpg

16885568451_fb07c8d4ed_c.jpg

16700428979_be99a29073_c.jpg

16266569733_f8fcfda240_c.jpg

16885377602_54e5a2ee54_c.jpg

16679231727_e2509edff6_c.jpg

This place has lots more to offer, and need revisit it sometime to capture more have a proper look around, there are a couple more photos on my Flickr, if you are interested to see more!

Thanks for looking!

That's mad, it looks like any other empty tumble down derp!
Fantastic find, and a fantastic set of photos.
Thanks for sharing :)

That's mad, it looks like any other empty tumble down derp!
Fantastic find, and a fantastic set of photos.
Thanks for sharing :)

Its whats out there if people take the time too look!

Thanks for all the kind comments!

Nob on set there, what an absolutely brilliant find.
Next visit, take some LSD and examine that upstairs wallpaper for 8-10 hours.

Last edited:
That wallpaper on the upstairs landing will do ma heid in. But excellent photos as per your usual. I like the furniture, beautiful book-matched veneer and obviously not English. I've seen that type of furniture in your other reports. The house is in not too bad condition though.

That wallpaper on the upstairs landing will do ma heid in. But excellent photos as per your usual. I like the furniture, beautiful book-matched veneer and obviously not English. I've seen that type of furniture in your other reports. The house is in not too bad condition though.

Thanks for the kind comments Hugh and everyone else. The furniture is typically scottish, never too grand, sturdy and practical. I do need a re-visit to this one, there was another room filled with furniture, so might take the opportunity to have a look through, maybe create a few more shots.

Thanks for the kind comments Hugh and everyone else. The furniture is typically scottish, never too grand, sturdy and practical. I do need a re-visit to this one, there was another room filled with furniture, so might take the opportunity to have a look through, maybe create a few more shots.

That would be great if you could do a re-visit as I do woodworking as a pastime and I like different styles of furniture.

That wallpaper int the loft room is just amazing! I think I would actually pay for info on the location if I lived in Scotland, the fire place is so unusal I dont think I have seen anything like it. Fantastic find well done :)

Another great set, you are very lucky to live up in the north east. I travelled through Aberdeenshire recently and saw many abandoned houses, unfortunately I was only able to visit a couple of sites. A lovely part of the country though.

That wallpaper int the loft room is just amazing! I think I would actually pay for info on the location if I lived in Scotland, the fire place is so unusal I dont think I have seen anything like it. Fantastic find well done :)

Thankfully this hobby is not about paying for locations, generally its all based on trust.

Latest posts

Back