Yet ANOTHER visit to RAF Upwood

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Palmtrees11

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

So I tried the other week to get into RAF Upwood, but failed miserably. Yesterday I went back with a friend. We pulled up and the gates were open, something that neither of us were expecting. But having driven through the gates it quickly became apparent why they were in fact open. There were a ridiculous amount of paintballers all over the place. This really limited where we could go if we didn't want to be paintballed!! Also the guy that was in charge was very officious!

We basically went into the first 2 buildings by the entrance. I'm sure a lot of you have been here before, so you know the general decay and amount of rubbish that now sits in these rooms. I'll post some of what I took anyway, but it did feel a bit rushed. I'll go back at some point.

Cheers, I know it's been covered God knows how many times but I still enjoyed the 2 buildings we got in to. May go back there.

Some really nice shots there and great attention to detail. Some of those angles made me a bit dizzy though!

I did get a bit angle happy didn't I. I wanted these photos to be different as so many have already been there. I'll probably go back �� Thanks for the component.

You have an eye for interesting shots :) Defo go back, it's a good place to cut your teeth. The accommodation blocks are a bit bleh, but the water tower, decontamination block, tanks, etc are definitely worth seeing.

You have an eye for interesting shots :) Defo go back, it's a good place to cut your teeth. The accommodation blocks are a bit bleh, but the water tower, decontamination block, tanks, etc are definitely worth seeing.

Thank you, that's a really nice thing to say. I do try for "different" shots as I know this place has been covered time and time again. I'll definitely go back, I found it really interesting and I'm a nosey sod :)

Latest posts

Back