Bielys Gatehouse

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dam_01

Reaction score
Had this one in mind for a while now and a wee break in the holidays has given me a day to get out and about.
It's a gatehouse/lodge for an existing country house.
Apparently been sold, or nearly sold, and nearly developed over the years but I think it's too far gone now. Another bad storm or 2 and the roof will have had it I think.

It's hiding behind the estate wall and the original gates are replaced with functional rusting steel panels which I discovered are still in use by groundskeepers/farm workers.
I was just about done when I heard a quad roar up to the gate from the outside and someone jump off and unlock the gate!
Didn't bother hiding as my guilty conscious had already figured me rumbled so I hung about looking like I was meant to be there.
The guy wasn't too fussed, just warned me that it was private ground and the building was dangerous so don't go inside and, by the way, where did I come in from.

Anyhow,

Heres some pics, straight as they came off the camera.

DSC_5507.jpg

DSC_5485.jpg

DSC_5491.jpg

DSC_5486.jpg

DSC_5503.jpg

DSC_5493.jpg

DSC_5498.jpg

Bit annoyed at not getting this one in focus. silly camera operator fail but you can read it at least.
I'd love to have had a look up there and see what other late 60's scrawl that there might have been but given the state of the structure. Nah, you're fine. Maybe a drone or a gopro on a big stick.

DSC_5499.jpg

DSC_5494.jpg

DSC_5496.jpg

DSC_5484.jpg

That's an old one mate. I've one not far from me that I'll be doing next week.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back