Train graveyard..norfolk

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikeymutt

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Decided to go give these trains a little look one afternoon.it was a lovely couple hours mooch.got into a few of the carraige said and the cab of what looked like some digger on the carraige.my only guess it was for track or maybe embankment work.but silly me forgot to take a pic of it.i really liked the first class style carriage with its wood panne King and big seats.always reminds of a scene in James Bond

image_zpsy8wyznzc.jpg

image_zpsczgnurak.jpg

image_zpshdun7izq.jpg

image_zpsxhnbtl2g.jpg

image_zpschjoqd5h.jpg

image_zpsrpoqr9vt.jpg

image_zpsd6uyxvlh.jpg

image_zpskiifrrd2.jpg

image_zps1xlgjhnr.jpg

image_zpsw4gumess.jpg

image_zpsd7wtwui3.jpg

image_zpszfdgpdol.jpg

image_zpsr9s5jw9h.jpg

image_zps6frdrxtk.jpg

image_zpsg6sriy0j.jpg

image_zpsbkccdumq.jpg

image_zpswhsfmsdu.jpg

image_zpspygmwnwf.jpg

image_zpsrhqrawvq.jpg

image_zpsd949uoqi.jpg

image_zpspvcnd7hk.jpg

image_zps4rsffpg5.jpg

image_zpschphhkj0.jpg

image_zpswss8re9q.jpg

Nice detailed photographs. In my early days as a Guard on British Rail I, and passengers preferred those 1st class carriages. Bigger seats, adjustable seats, air-con controls on the right on your photo of the compartment. I think that this is a redundant engineers train and the carriages were used for staff accommodation.

I think that this is a redundant engineers train and the carriages were used for staff accommodation.

The yellow engineering vehicles are I think the first commercially built prototype track aligning/ballasting unit. A bit of a pain sometimes and took us ages to get it to work to spec. The passenger coaches photographed were not with the unit when we worked on it, the consist then was machine, Derby Research Laboratory Coach and CME coach or equipment bogie van. The passenger coaches in the sidings are, I think, just a random collection of scrap.

Thank you all.they were a pleasant surprise..glad you enjoyed it darbians..and dj yiu would love it..mockingbird a few of these about

Latest posts

Back