Raf manby..lincolnshire

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikeymutt

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Visited this place last spring.on a solo weekend of exploring in Lincolnshire.after finding entry,the floors I first came across were collapsing but luckily on the ground level.the place for the majority is very dark.i only visited the officers mess.i am sure there are other bits but with so much of the site in use.its hard to know what's derelict there without more time..the airfield was constructed in the thirties and officially opened in 1938.it was the first airfield in Lincolnshire to have a paved runway.it hosted several squadrons over the years.it was later used as an RAF college.the airfield finally closed in 1974.the site has been developed a lot and the local council are housed in some buildings..this place reminded me of a mix of raynham and upwood.not as clean as raynham.but not as trashed as upwood

image_zpsiukuuc4t.jpg

image_zpsdgec6yb5.jpg

image_zpsgorserq0.jpg

image_zpsjwqesaxv.jpg

image_zpsef7gw4pf.jpg

image_zpssvba73w1.jpg

image_zpsapgemckz.jpg

image_zpscrcirwk8.jpg

image_zps2kj63f54.jpg

image_zpstr4onpma.jpg

image_zpsxeftv3op.jpg

image_zpsfvdnw6yo.jpg

image_zpsvypsi5tt.jpg

image_zpsglkzcsvl.jpg

image_zpsyfrpj0ht.jpg

image_zpsajowvbw0.jpg

image_zpsdffcyqon.jpg

image_zpsdhuf2bmm.jpg

image_zps91sms3jb.jpg

image_zpso2rghahw.jpg

image_zps8uwu4dwc.jpg

image_zpsjgqbg4xd.jpg

image_zpskrgetkwl.jpg

image_zpsmveazrpj.jpg

Thank you all.it was a great mooch slim.big place and very similar to raynham

Nicely done Mikey, looks much the same as when i went last year

Cheers mate it prob would be the same.as this was a few months before you went.only just got around to doing the photos lol

lovely old building, does anyone know exactly when this large building was last used for anything? as the date of closing 1974 is way too early, seen many electrical fittings from the 1980's possible early 90's on the photos, so was this used for something else before it became derelict? Shame its been let go, but guess its not an easy building for re use.

lovely old building, does anyone know exactly when this large building was last used for anything? as the date of closing 1974 is way too early, seen many electrical fittings from the 1980's possible early 90's on the photos, so was this used for something else before it became derelict? Shame its been let go, but guess its not an easy building for re use.

Various uses including fire training (East Lindsey Fire Protection Services are/were based nearby). They sub-let it for use by Lindsey Airsoft up until about four years ago. It stayed in good condition for years as someone lived in part of it (left wing) and that tended to reduce the number of break-ins. One wing was used as an old peoples residence (my memory of the orientation is gone but it would be the right hand one if viewed from the main entrance).

In 2005/6 there were plans approved for conversion to luxury apartments but that plan fell through.

So sad to see the ballroom trashed...only a few years ago it was still in excellent condition.

Last edited:
Yes I see what you mean about Raynham and Upwood. Fab shots as always. Love that bare plant climbing through the window.

Great photos. What a cool place. I'm going this weekend in hopes there isn't an Upwood-style farmer there to chase us off!

Nice one Mikey, well shot mate. Failed here last August I think it was. Got soaked in a thunder storm aswell :)

Latest posts

Back