Dulais Rock Inn- Neath July 17

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean of Wales

Reaction score
Had a nice trek up Neath today with Builder_Dirge, managed to see Tonna Mansion, Pensycynor Wildlife Park and this place, Dulais Rock Inn! Due to it being located in Wales, it was of course raining so there was a lot of slipping and sliding around the place, getting caught in brambles and my feet sinking in mushy...stuff, but it's all good fun.

On the front the sign says it's been around since the 17th century so the site is quite old! Been abandoned since 2008 and no idea if there's going to be any refurb.

On to the pics! I'm not the best photographer so bear with me. I hope this is the right forum, since it's an inn with bedrooms I thought Residential would be the appropriate place. Feel free to move if it's wrong.

nJuVtNGl.jpg

MoxpmoBl.jpg

SYDXpAjl.jpg

ms81GNpl.jpg

L85Dy93l.jpg

JYRrOBtl.jpg

xAwXD8kl.jpg

WU0oTjNl.jpg

F3DS4eal.jpg

683n9Wkl.jpg

NN2xOSsl.jpg

XI6PZWol.jpg

csViFx2l.jpg

ZY5beNHl.jpg

7YLVzRJl.jpg

ytLEnNal.jpg

uU0OgkCl.jpg

Money shot, I gasped when I went downstairs and saw this creepy ass old table sititng there.
You could just imagine a party full of well dressed skeletons having a good time here!
q7WVbgGl.jpg

4V7sQvwl.jpg

bB91yJJl.jpg

J8WmDB9l.jpg

RiflURVl.jpg

Compared to the rest of the place, the bedrooms didn't look too bad!
dXntljal.jpg

RWKj8qGl.jpg

ouTZpF3l.jpg

I mean look at the bathroom! It's practically pristine!
Jo4Wh36l.jpg

Okay, maybe the other bedrooms weren't too great. I'm not going anywhere near that floor.
Z5FUbHFl.jpg

vuKh1jzl.jpg

6jk9FoLl.jpg

a2v3n3Ul.jpg

6jfu9Btl.jpg

Served a nice meal back in its day, but it is the only public house/hotel that I have come across where staff were instructed to smile by written notice!

Nice set of images Sean, they do just what is required - tell the story of this place in a clear and interesting way. Cannot ask for anything more in my book.

Served a nice meal back in its day, but it is the only public house/hotel that I have come across where staff were instructed to smile by written notice!

Nice set of images Sean, they do just what is required - tell the story of this place in a clear and interesting way. Cannot ask for anything more in my book.

Thanks, I never really know what to take pictures of so I just kinda go with what looks good and hopefully shows the place well.

Good snaps mate, was a good explore/trek. builder dirge is my Xbox gamer tag lol, just dirge here. :)

Last edited:
Good pictures. It looks like "kinda go with what looks good" works here. I just noticed in one bedroom Parazone and Carlsberg, what a mixture.

Thanks, I never really know what to take pictures of so I just kinda go with what looks good and hopefully shows the place well.

Personally when I was recording initial fire or break in scenes, I used a 35mm wide angle and stood in the doorway. This always gives a good general image of the room, then go close up on individual objects of interest.

I don't know about anyone else, but I always liked to start with a picture of the outside or some main introduction feature, that shows what the rest of the thread may contain. Anyway, here is one of mine taken when the place was first explored last year.

29075865675_bcd366b02b_b.jpg

Latest posts

Back