Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital (2015)

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolfey

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
History

The Queen Elizabeth II hospital or the QEII as it is known locally, is located in Welwyn Garden City and run by East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust.

The first full hospital to be built by the NHS, the QEII had some 100 beds. All inpatient and emergency services were transferred by October 2014 to the Lister Hospital (Stevenage), which has had £150 million invested in major new facilities.

Since October 2014, the QEII has continued to offer a range of general hospital services for people living and working in many parts of east and south Hertfordshire. These include GP services, outpatient clinics, diagnostic (radiology, pathology and endoscopy), a breast unit and antenatal and postnatal care, as well as a 24/7 urgent care centre for adults and children of all ages with minor injuries and illnesses. £30 million has been invested in new facilities. The old hospital site is now closed and the land will be used for housing and a care home.

m0MPdsMl.jpg

DGsmULyl.jpg

iaa7TZcl.jpg

OLucCBpl.jpg

hRuZrdol.jpg

FQH6O9jl.jpg

AHae0GEl.jpg

YCL9m4rl.jpg

fiAKCm7l.jpg

sKIuQR6l.jpg

d6sjZS3l.jpg

iq7wGecl.jpg

Dex7EDRl.jpg

wxrkDoxl.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Loved looking around this place, can't believe it was 3 yrs ago though! I think its actually been demolished now I think I've heard. Well at least I'm not the only one that takes ages getting pics up lol!
Nice set there UR...funny access to morgue if I remember right:welcoming:

It was interesting place and was mint in there! When I went there was a group of explorers just after us I got in made me jump out my sling when I see about 7 people lol ah they don’t mess about when they comming down do they! And yeah I spent about 40 mins looking for morgue and it was very wierd place for it lol walked past it about three times the door! and thank you PV

Yes believe it's gone if you look on Google maps you will get the idea was a nice mooch

Latest posts

Back