Royal Infirmay Hospital, Revisit, Sep 2018

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KPUrban_

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Intro
Previously I had explored this hospital with two Non-Members and ExplorerX. After returning home I was quick to discover we had missed three operating rooms and a few wards, ExplorerX had also got no usable footage or photos from the first visit. Yet again we booked more train tickets and awaited for the weekend to come.
The report for the first venture is in the "Non-Public" forum of this website.

The North Staffordshire Royal Infirmary​

The Explore
After 4 hours of travel we stepped off the train and yet again walked to the site. Upon entering we notice the Low Oxygen alarm has been set off again, which was silenced previously. Moving through the hospital we noticed that obstacles we moved previously, such as chairs and signs put through door handles, had been placed back. Unlike the previous explore we only visited rooms we actually wanted to see or previously missed.
Considering the abandonment of this hospital has been for over 6 years it's amazing that, although unfortunate, the first parts of vandalism are starting to happen. Power is active in some theaters and most hallways. Although this is down to a very active security force...

The Video
This video is a partial edit of the finished one.

Fact
Whilst bored on the google. I came across a page which referenced surgical lighting. The page noted how old theaters use large windows and mirrors, this can be seen in the two older rooms we first entered. The type of light in each theater also corresponds to different surgeries and are precisely engineered to the exact specifications. The large dish or satellite design are often for common surgery types. Anyway thought i'd stick that in as it would add more interest to some of the rooms.

The Photos
As some photos came out being absolutely ...... I will use the ones from the last explore to cover for them.

And now in some sort of order...

30069280677_aac51a36b6_b.jpg
_DSC0557 by KPUrbex
Upon entering we had been deafened by the alarm, which in this photo, was right next to me.

44286255034_23d81f8845_b.jpg
MainTheatre_Unedited by KPUrbex
45384853531_f17c20fbf2_b.jpg
Standby_Operation_Room by KPUrbex
Instantly we began to find the many operating theaters. The pipes dangling would have delivered gasses and air to the surgery to aid the surgeons, the lights would have guided surgeons in the operations.

One of these still has the power active and you can't help taking a selfie.
43191549580_2fb928b18e_b.jpg
Examined by KPUrbex
And even without sticking my self under, two heavy lights with over 240Volts surging through, they're it's still impressive.
44963507102_e81816f4de_b.jpg
_DSC0549Unedited by KPUrbex

In this area there are two other theaters but as we had already seen them we didn't bother photographing them this time around.
31490649248_1f5cd51f8b_b.jpg
Number_2_and_No_1 by KPUrbex
42750303100_09b319c168_b.jpg
Abandoned_Hospital_OP_SterileEnvironment by KPUrbex

By now we kept hearing a extremely load banging from the hallway. Soon we discovered this was a crow failing to realize it can't fly through a skylight.

We moved on down the hallways and into the chapel. Unfortunately the chairs had been removed a little while back.
31130725338_eba41416a1_b.jpg
[/url]Lost Prayers by KPUrbex

Continuing down the hallway...
31132775698_f181a879e3_b.jpg

We found our selves in a ward we were unfamiliar to and had hardly been vandalized.
30069000117_c5437ccc8b_b.jpg

By now the parts of the hospital we wandered through I had already seen.
Eventually, in A&E, we came across the first of three operating rooms.

44286253244_eefb8027a6_b.jpg
The AnE Blues by KPUrbex

Then we found ourselves in an new area.
31130725548_fd01d1cfcb_b.jpg
[/url]Into Theatre by KPUrbex

As we walked down I mentioned to Explorer X "I think we found the other theaters" which proved to be correct when we could see two operating lights peering at us through a door way.
30068748707_ec53861e75_b.jpg
Green And Blue by KPUrbex
43214182440_dec59c3c2c_b.jpg
Emergency_Air_Valves by KPUrbex r

These two theaters, with these satellite lights, would have been used for heart surgery.

And only a minuet later we found the other one.
30069281267_4a1d3afd04_b.jpg
Frightening Operations by KPUrbex

Backing out of the hallway back to the main corridor we came across the recovery bed spaces.
44957001212_da7e4900fc_b.jpg
Recovery by KPUrbex

Whilst approaching the other operating theater, which was in maternity ward, we head a slam of a door below. This became the ideal time to leave.

44955786572_668777ed1a_b.jpg
DSC_0254 by explorer x

And with that we had finished.
Thank you for looking.

Last edited:
Nice one like it, Have a similar picture inside of a operating theater. Can be frustrating when you find out certain pics didn't work out the way you thought, good one though.

Nice one like it, Have a similar picture inside of a operating theater. Can be frustrating when you find out certain pics didn't work out the way you thought, good one though.

Thanks for that. We did plan on having the lights on but vandals have damaged the electric panels.

Latest posts

Back