Sanatorium Juterbog

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UrbanX

Moderate Moderator
Reaction score
I’ve written extensively about the history of the abandoned town of Juterbog here:

After spending a day wandering around we went back to the hotel for a beer and to retrace our steps on Google Maps. To our horror, we’d missed an excellent looking building in the woods. So we got an early night in preparation for the next day.

….Well, not all of us. JC and myself got drunk in a beach themed cocktail bar on brightly coloured cocktails, and then infiltrated the service tunnels under our hotel, but that’s a different story…

Anyway at first light our poor hung over eyes blinked open, we poured the sand out our shoes and set off back to Juterbog.

We spent hours wading through the thick dense forest. Occasionally stopping to check our bearings on our phones to make sure we were actually still heading towards our goal. Occasionally we’d hear a rustle close by and a deer would break cover from the undergrowth, bounding past us at full canter. Eventually we found it.

IMG_0467_zpsglzkukzi.jpg

Bars on the windows:
IMG_0452_zpshui0thsz.jpg

Mural to scare the kids:
IMG_0462_zpsu3ao6itd.jpg

Split Corridor:
IMG_0458_zpsx9ajrfts.jpg

IMG_0423_zpsovnjjcgj.jpg

IMG_0446_zpsjvutrrcf.jpg

IMG_0418_zpsh4o0z2mz.jpg

What struck me the most once inside wasn’t just the lack of graffiti, it was the silence.

IMG_0444_zpsxa9uotfu.jpg

IMG_0440_zpsdhoc32cp.jpg

IMG_0416_zpsgun0lx8k.jpg

It was a still day, with no wind in the trees. I had split up from my fellow explorers and it was absolutely silent, absolutely calm.

IMG_0437_zps27xqex66.jpg

IMG_0428_zpstqrlv07e.jpg
IMG_0413_zps8mpyqlt0.jpg

Thanks for looking.
IMG_0415_zpsamrcqpzr.jpg

Widows resemble citrus slices!
Love the artwork and colours of it against the harsh flaking walls.

Been here a few times over the years and it spread a lot further than those 2 parts mate

Latest posts

Back