Tanglewood Mill, Derby

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thompski

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Tanglewood Mill is located in a busy industrial area to the North West of Derby City Centre. Historical information is vague, however I believe it is to be converted into apartments some time soon.

DSC_0130.jpg

DSC_0124.jpg

DSC_0062-1.jpg

DSC_0066-1.jpg

DSC_0076-1.jpg

DSC_0079-1.jpg

DSC_0080-1.jpg

DSC_0088-1.jpg

DSC_0094-1.jpg

DSC_0095-1.jpg

DSC_0098-1.jpg

DSC_0100-2.jpg

DSC_0104.jpg

DSC_0108.jpg

DSC_0112.jpg

DSC_0115-1.jpg

Good find nice pics i love the one of the steel girder with Dorman Long of middlesbrough stamped on it.

lol dave, i was about to say that!!!
:mrgreen:
Looks like a nice place, trashed by nature not chav or is that just the way the photo's have come out??

Looking at all the faceless modern buildings around, i quite like to see big old mills and factories made into apartments, the buildings seem to have so much more character (sez i living in a new build :p)
Alot of the old quayside warehouses up here are flats now and i think they look great all wrapped in thick, old stonework :mrgreen:

Some nice pictures there, love the broken window shot!

Tanglewood mill is on the market for £2,750,000:exclaim:
Anyone intrested?

Tanglewood mill is on the market for £2,750,000:exclaim:
Anyone intrested?

Really!? I came across a property advert for luxury apartments in the building, work is meant to start in 2008. That seems an awful lot for what is a pretty small building.

Really!? I came across a property advert for luxury apartments in the building, work is meant to start in 2008. That seems an awful lot for what is a pretty small building.

I do not know what the present dwelling density for this site is. In the original consultation documents for future housing in the Derby area, a figure of 22 was given - but it was not clear if this number was for a conversion, or new build on a demolished site. If the figure of 22 still holds, at the stated sale price, initial outlay per luxury apartment will be £125,000 + share of fees. You do not quote any specification details, and I am not familiar with the luxury market prices in Derby - in Leeds a similar conversion would yield apartments in the £300k/£350k price bracket. So a nice profit could be made, only problem to this is the severe downturn in housing market. Developers are finding it difficult to raise money for new projects, and those with ongoing projects are starting to mothball upcoming phases - rather than have money in apartments they cannot sell.

Of course if they had produced 'affordable' housing and the Government/Lenders got their act together, then the situation could be completely different. However that situation remains in the realms of 'never never land'!

Latest posts

Back