Brook Street, Derby, November `08

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goodeavens

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I grew up in the west end of Derby, a large part of which was knocked down and redeveloped in the late sixties and early seventies, including our first house on Clover Street. Exploring the empty "old houses" pre-demolition, was big fun and gave me an early introduction to urban exploration. Recently two of the remaining properties from the old west end, on Brook Street, have gone up for sale, being described by the estate agents as a "Unique Development Oppurtunity" , offers around £200,000 :exclaim:

Saturday15thNov08058-1.jpg

Saturday15thNov08060.jpg

Saturday15thNov08065.jpg

Saturday15thNov08059.jpg

Saturday15thNov08068.jpg

There is a "MAYPOLE" next door though ;)

Saturday15thNov08063.jpg

Last edited:
£200K; does that include the pub next door!

Very much a case of the land being worth more than the building on it. Could easy get another block of flats on there, rent it out to students, Ka-ching:)

£200K; does that include the pub next door!

Very much a case of the land being worth more than the building on it. Could easy get another block of flats on there, rent it out to students, Ka-ching:)

Pub, maybe not, this is how they`re selling it :mrgreen:

renderImage.jpg

Not seen that proposal before, mind you I don't really pay much attention to non-city centre developments ;)

As the Revolution said - its a desirable area so bound to attract nice sums for land.

Well there's so many of those there's not enough time to look into the more outlying proposals as well is there? :lol:

Been past this countless times but it'd never quite percolated that it was actually for sale. And for silly money too!
Personally I'd rather save my money until another swimming baths comes around :)

I've been involved in several consultations for Derby Cityscape/City Council so I have to try and keep informed on the subject.

Latest posts

Back