Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Guist ROC Norfolk - May 10

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Holt, Nofolk
    Posts
    7
    Thanked
    10

    Default Guist ROC Norfolk - May 10


    Another ROC for you located near to guist found easily as once again i knew the area. Its been completely stripped and there are the usual signs of kids. Hasnt been to messed up the door was stiff to open but apart from that nice and easy. This roc had my first Orlit in the air which was rather interesting very good view they chose the spot well!! Something else to be noted as was on subbrit is that the breather was demolished.

    Subbrit Link http://www.subbrit.org.uk/cgi-bin/we...ifunction=form





    The Orlit

    Inside the Orlit some wiring remains (Been used as a shooting spot by the looks of things)

    On top of orlit







    Removed topside



    Nice roc and very in the middle of no where

  2.  
     
  3. #2
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    Hartlepool
    Age
    26
    Posts
    954
    Thanked
    373

    Default


    You wanna look out for the 91 closures as opposed to the 68 closures. 91's have good stuff in - 68's have rusty beds :) Nice Photos. The Orlits nice.

    K!

    It's all over.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Holt, Nofolk
    Posts
    7
    Thanked
    10

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by Krypton View Post
    You wanna look out for the 91 closures as opposed to the 68 closures. 91's have good stuff in - 68's have rusty beds :) Nice Photos. The Orlits nice.

    K!
    Thanks for the reply i will bear that in mind when looking i have visited both west beckham and aylsham which appear to be well stocked (unfortunately i didnt have my camera from aylsham). The ROC at Aylsham has had some vandalism which is a real big shame all the papers and items in the ROC were thrown all over the place. I know this happened recently as in april time as a previous visited showed the bunker to be in very good condition. I have tried my best to put it back to how it was before some idiots got in there. I will be keeping an eye on aylsham hopefully some pictures soon.

    Thanks Harry

  5. #4
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    Hartlepool
    Age
    26
    Posts
    954
    Thanked
    373

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by hazman102 View Post
    Thanks for the reply i will bear that in mind when looking i have visited both west beckham and aylsham which appear to be well stocked (unfortunately i didnt have my camera from aylsham). The ROC at Aylsham has had some vandalism which is a real big shame all the papers and items in the ROC were thrown all over the place. I know this happened recently as in april time as a previous visited showed the bunker to be in very good condition. I have tried my best to put it back to how it was before some idiots got in there. I will be keeping an eye on aylsham hopefully some pictures soon.

    Thanks Harry
    Lol its not sad to tidy them up! Loads of people do! You should get a tbar key and then lock them if theyre worth saving. Stops vandals getting in and allows most roc explorers to get in - as most have tbar keys anyway. Theyre easy enough to make a makeshift scredriver one. If your good with metal i can give you plans to make your own or theyre available on the net.

    K!

    It's all over.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Holt, Nofolk
    Posts
    7
    Thanked
    10

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by Krypton View Post
    Lol its not sad to tidy them up! Loads of people do! You should get a tbar key and then lock them if theyre worth saving. Stops vandals getting in and allows most roc explorers to get in - as most have tbar keys anyway. Theyre easy enough to make a makeshift scredriver one. If your good with metal i can give you plans to make your own or theyre available on the net.

    K!
    Hi thanks for the idea i had thought about it and didnt realize more people have them than i thought. I can either make one if you have that design to hand or will just buy one if not if you also had a link for that. West Beckham and Aylsham are definitely worth locking!!!

  7. #6
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    Hartlepool
    Age
    26
    Posts
    954
    Thanked
    373

    Default


    Ok, i'll give you some plans on how to make the proper ones. Give me a couple of days to unearth them - theres a few different designs but i think you'll need the "common" one. You could make them all if you really wanted. Its advisable to take a CLAWhammer, WD40 and lube oil when you intent on unlocking/locking some.

    Sometimes the haps are right down and very hard to get up.
    If it hasnt been locked for 19years then it'll have seized up. This isnt a problem - a load of WD40 and some good wackes back and forward with a hammer will free it up, then cover it in lube oil for good measure

    It's all over.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Location
    gt yarmouth
    Posts
    3,466
    Thanked
    1595

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by hazman102 View Post
    Hi thanks for the idea i had thought about it and didnt realize more people have them than i thought. I can either make one if you have that design to hand or will just buy one if not if you also had a link for that. West Beckham and Aylsham are definitely worth locking!!!
    I know they are, Ive been to them myself. Is it up to you to lock them though?
    And a dreadful thing from the cliff did spring. And its wild bark thrilled around. His eyes had the glow of the fires below. Twas the form of the Spectre Hound. 'Ha' yer fa'r got a dickey, bor?' 'Yis, an' he want a fule ter roide 'im, will yew cum?'


About us
DerelictPlaces is a forum for people with an interest in the history and documentation of disused, derelict and abandoned buildings to come together and share their experiences, photography and historical findings. Our military, industrial and historical heritage is fast disappearing under the pressure of regeneration, the need for new housing, and often through simple neglect; Our aim is to document these places before they disappear entirely.
Follow us