Farnaught Limekiln Location: Mohill, Co.Leitrim

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean O

Reaction score
Farnaught Limekiln Location: Co.Leitrim

Farnaught Limekiln

This 19th century limekiln is on the Lough Rynn Estate.

P5040027.jpg

P5040066.png

P5040032.png

P5040028.png

P5040030.png

P5040036.png

P5040037.png

P5040051.png

P5040039.png

P5040040.png

Last edited:
Oh, I really like this. That's a fabulous building.
Interesting looking chimney...would hate to fall down there! :eek::lol:
Nice find and pics, Dean. Love pic 8. :)

Oh, I really like this. That's a fabulous building.
Interesting looking chimney...would hate to fall down there! :eek::lol:
Nice find and pics, Dean. Love pic 8. :)

Thank you,I like that one two.

:unsure: Ditch was scared of that hole in the chimney he had to get on his belly to look over the edge.:unsure: :nah:

There is one more room to this Building but ill leave it to Ditch to post the pictures on it.
Just so you all no we are working as a team both taking pictures of what we find. That way you are less likely to miss something, and different people see things differently.
Hopefully we should get some grate pictures.:)

Great photos from something of an unusual building. Never seen a Kiln incorporated into what looks like a house with a chuffing big chimney before! :lol:

Deano-O -you're spot-on when it comes to one big advantage of exploring with others -you get different angles / perspectives :)

Thanks for sharing.

Great photos from something of an unusual building. Never seen a Kiln incorporated into what looks like a house with a chuffing big chimney before! :lol:

Deano-O -you're spot-on when it comes to one big advantage of exploring with others -you get different angles / perspectives :)

Thanks for sharing.

Thank you.
As far as i no is that it was built that way and it was never a house. But i have to admit it is an OD looking place.
We asked someone down the road what it was and they told use that it was a limekiln.
so when i got home i tried to get some more info on it of the web and got very Little.
Just a date and name.

Dean O'; I'm still bang at it here, mate. Trying to even catch up with my bloody uploads! My Kiln shots are in my album; " "Explore 5 ". Or, they will be, 'time I've posted this.

Not sure my little pocket rocket out did ye own eye and gorgeous camera on anything, on this job. But, I reckon one of my own (bum tightening) 'Down the Chimney' shots may give ye a run for ye money ;) Seem to recall I have a belter, in there somewhere.

Anyway, I'm hard in danger of doing here exactly what I rile up about others doing, on a Gypsy forum I visit. I.e, nattering to friends and drifting way off topic! :p

Anyone wants to see my own efforts then? I'll soon enough be adding a link to my own PhotoBucket extravaganza. Lime Kiln will be " Explore 5 ".

We'll have to agree on some system of naming the other Explores, mate. So people will have some idea which ones are which :) So far, see, I'm just numbering mine. In order of doing them. Moment one of us does a solo Explore? All go to rat shit, won't it? :mrgreen:

Thats a great photo of Ditch :mrgreen:

LMFAO! Just spotted that! I'll tell ye what, mate; If ye were A. Over twice your bloody age. B. Had paid such respect to Jameson, the night before, as I had. C. Had actually, personally looked through that hole, into the ..... well; I've looked off twenty five story tower blocks and the view hasn't effected me like peering down there did! I was crapping bricks as that shot was taken! LMAO!

Bloody PhotoBucket would get its skates on, I'd show ye the shot I took. Then ye might see why!

Oh! Here we go! Just picture a smashed and broken " Ditch Shitter " at the bottom of This lot! ~ I was!

14ViewDownChimneyFromFloorLevel.jpg

Can ye see the bead of sweat, plunging into the abyss? :mrgreen:

Back