The Dragons Den!!

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent Hill

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
The Pennine Chain. Land of Clogs, Flat Caps and Dr
On a hill overlooking the North Wales coastline lies a rather unique Castle named Gwrych :)

castle1.jpg

You could say she's quite something to behold with Gothic Arches and searing towers.

GC20.jpg

But historically the site is young in comparison, and not actually a Castle at all.

GC19.jpg

Could have fooled me though! It has all the attributes.

GC11.jpg

Wouldn't you agree!

GC10.jpg

It is actually a Victorian Folly, and was built as a memorial.

GC34.jpg

Here's a link to some history for those interested.... http://www.gwrychtrust.co.uk/general.html

GC15.jpg

You just can't help but stand in awe of It's splendour.

GC18.jpg

Aesthetically pleasing sums it up.

GC12.jpg

GC24.jpg

The Arches.

GC25.jpg

GC21.jpg

GC17.jpg

Not much of interest left to photograph inside really, apart from the staircase and the Gothic entrance to it. The rest is rather unstable.

GC29.jpg

GC31.jpg

I'm so glad I got the chance to see it in the flesh.

GC4.jpg

GC3.jpg

Was a real eye opener for sure :)

GC22.jpg

GC14.jpg

I understand the place has now been sold! So I'm not sure as to the state of play here now,as my shots were taken some time back :(

GC36.jpg

Explored during a wild weekend in Wales with Fannyadams, Judderman, Evilnoodle, Ceejam & Theoss.

As always.......Thanks for looking.

:wink:

Stunning shots of a stunning place!

Apparently these days if you are seen round these parts around the 'witching' hour, there are strange folk hanging round in robes chanting weird rituals!

Looks a lovely big place! Nicely composed photos, but processing is a bit OTT for me!
They just don't make them like that anymore!

Latest posts

Back