Progressive Engineering, Birmingham, Re-visit May 08

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Virusman26

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

After my reccie in April, I decided to have an easy explore with diluted again. We didn't realise the actual size or layout of the place. It's sort of a big "W" shape(similar to most of the factories of this era) when viewed from above.

It's been cleared out of late, but was vacated about 20 years ago as far as I can find. There were a few things left lying about, but the building was my main target. There aren't many places of this age left un-converted in the Jewellery Quarter.

The original building would have housed a single factory, but it was split up in the 50'/60's for different commercial uses.

DSCF3542.png

DSCF3538.png

DSCF3532.png

DSCF3481.png

DSCF3403a_b_c.png

DSCF3380.png

DSCF3427a_b_c.png

DSCF3443.png

DSCF3444.png

DSCF3520.png

DSCF3497.png

And here are the rest of the pics, picked from 300 or so.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8776781@N02/sets/72157604228667898/

Nice pics
Really like the dead bird one - just like the ones in the book 'Abandoned Places' by Henk Van Rensbergen which is a fantastic book

SHIT!!!! I knew I'd seen a similar photo! I have that book too, and now I know where I got the idea! Oooops!:)

Fabulous photos, guys. I love these old midland factories. Some lovely bits and bobs there too...great ceiling rose and winch wheel. Those little tins are amazing...they must be quite old. Nice work! :)

wow, would love a mooch around this place, looks fab!!!
Liking the old wooden stairways and the dead bird picture is fab!!!

Latest posts

Back