Burrator (Dartmoor) Part 1

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graybags

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Just to wet Foxy's whistle
Not much to say i'll let the first pic say it all, a quick jaunt to Burrator:

PICT1658.jpg

Cider trough on the edge of the Reservoir
PICT2859.jpg

Apple crusher
PICT1662.jpg

Threshing Platform
PICT2860.jpg

Door overlooking Reservoir
PICT1666.jpg

Main site
PICT1665.jpg

Looking from Reservoir inside
PICT1669.jpg

Strange wall leading down to reservoir
PICT2862.jpg

G

Last edited:
Every picture says it has been moved or deleted on Photobucket. At least it does when I look at it.

oooooooooooh now this is the kind of place I like. love all the stone work, and the cider trough, and the apple press etc. Not sure what the odd wall type thing is down to the reservioir, looks interesting tho. Loved reading the history of the place on the board.

Excellent pics G, love them all.

Cheers,

:) Sal

Oh, I really like that. I haven't been to Burrator and didn't know about these ruins so that's interesting to know. Amazing that the threshing floor is still there. The apple press is great. Mmmm...cider! :mrgreen:

Just to wet Foxy's whistle...
Oh, and just in case anyone wonders what that refers to, I put up a thread about Dartmoor on the South West forum...but only us members can see it on the home page. :lol:

Oh, I really like that. I haven't been to Burrator and didn't know about these ruins so that's interesting to know. Amazing that the threshing floor is still there. The apple press is great. Mmmm...cider! :mrgreen:

Oh, and just in case anyone wonders what that refers to, I put up a thread about Dartmoor on the South West forum...but only us members can see it on the home page. :lol:

where are the regional forums? am i blind, or just a bit thick?

Back