Drumnadrochit ROC post, Inverness Group, June 2008

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zimbob

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Visited this with Bryag the other night, it's in an elevated position overlooking the new High School.

Good thing we visited at night, wouldn't do to be caught lurking by a school with cameras :eek::D

Sadly, it's locked on battleships, we tried the T-bar mechanism, smooth as anything, the cover for the mechanism was the easest to open yet.

We're going to try and find the owner, see if he/she is amenable to allowing us access....

A couple of outside pics:

Invermoristonetc251.jpg

Invermoristonetc258.jpg

Invermoristonetc263.jpg

If we get in I'll update this....

Another one of the list if nothing else :)

Drumnadrochit ROC Post, Inverness Group, July 2008

Arrrrr, we attack tonight :mrgreen:

And so we did :)

After finding the farmer who had the 'battleship' keys (and a T-bar key of his own) we returned.

The keys :mrgreen:

DrumnadrochitROCetc003.jpg

First impressions:

DrumnadrochitROCetc028.jpg

Plenty of goodies :)

Including bunks (not seen many in a '91 closure)

DrumnadrochitROCetc025.jpg

Teletalk:

DrumnadrochitROCetc031.jpg

Plenty of good reading:

DrumnadrochitROCetc056.jpg

Loads of these:

DrumnadrochitROCetc055.jpg

Body-splint:

DrumnadrochitROCetc087.jpg

Made by 'Bofors' :confused::mrgreen:

DrumnadrochitROCetc121.jpg

Training manuals, old and new:

DrumnadrochitROCetc068.jpg

And....

Glitto, old and new :):)

DrumnadrochitROCetc036.jpg

Ah, bless :p

Pump was seized:

DrumnadrochitROCetc100.jpg

Not strictly true....

DrumnadrochitROCetc094.jpg

They could do with doing again.....

DrumnadrochitROCetc093.jpg

Interesting choice of rations... mustard after the toilet paper :eek:

DrumnadrochitROCetc033.jpg

Lastly, up the hatch (as always.... :rolleyes: )

DrumnadrochitROCetc103.jpg

An absolute peach of a post, unsurprising really as no-one other than the farmer has been in here since closure, not even the eponymous Mr Catford and friends :mrgreen::p

Lastly, a wee shot of a rather nice, if completely neglected, wee mausoleum in the field nearby:

DrumnadrochitROCetc122.jpg

Nice pics, Zimbob.

Here are a few of mine:)

Once we had unlocked those original battleship padlocks. That was strangely satisfying (as was locking them up afterwards:))
DRUMROC1.jpg

Nice wee post, loads of stuff to read, and a t-e-l-e-t-a-l-k
DRUMROC4.jpg

Photographic paper for the GZI (sadly missing) and two cork gaskets for the FSM pipe
DRUMROC5.jpg

This particular item (resting on the teapot) is the thing that screws onto the top of the BPI pipe. This is a first for us!
DRUMROC7.jpg

Pair of beds
DRUMROC3.jpg

Battery box with small splint and acetate sheet(complete with plotting of a very small blast)
DRUMROC8.jpg

This was Zimbob's find, the "Kilner Jar"
DRUMROC10.jpg

Distilled water for battery (missing)
DRUMROC9.jpg

DRUMROC12.jpg

Who am I to refuse?
DRUMROC6.jpg

Sump, pump, and locking bar (for which there was no apparent method of attaching)
DRUMROC11.jpg

The sump actually had about 2 inches of crystal clear water. We did not sample, though:p

Big thanks to Zimbob for finding the keyholder, and arranging the access:):mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Last edited:
think that one beats the cammy one we went to very nice find there guys!!!

Your pics came out well Bryag :)

Especially liking the Distilled Water one!

This was su-uch a good Post :mrgreen:

Sorry Bax__

We would have given you the heads up on this one, but it seemed like a hell of a long way for you to come.:(

It was a little gem, though. Pretty much as the Corps left it. Also it was the very first post we came out of where the outside smelt worse than the inside:p

Zimbob said:
....Especially liking the Distilled Water one!....

That was really easy. My favourite was the Kilner Jar. There was a huge amount of work 'shopping the torch out of it ;-)

Last edited:
Sorry Bax__

We would have given you the heads up on this one, but it seemed like a hell of a long way for you to come.:(

It was a little gem, though. Pretty much as the Corps left it. Also it was the very first post we came out of where the outside smelt worse than the inside:p

That was really easy. My favourite was the Kilner Jar. There was a huge amount of work 'shopping the torch out of it ;-)

Yeh to be fair I'd have said no thnks mid week but would have made the effort at a a weekend. Again great photo's and nice to see one looking so good.

I give it about a month until it's stripped.

Not in this part of the world, Krela.:p Especially as it is locked on the "battleships" and is pretty much visible from a 270 degree angle. I reckon until the farmer realises what it is worth, it will stay as is:)

It's funny, Bryag and i were discussing this kinda thing t'other day.

I'd be fuming if one of these got stripped after we posted it, it's always a thought, to post or not to post, but this was too good not share :)

And realistically, it's in the middle of the village, right by school, pitches, a Community sports centre and a lot of houses, so hopefully it'll stay safe!

And if nothing else, all the farmers up here are armed to the teeth :mrgreen:

It's funny, Bryag and i were discussing this kinda thing t'other day.

I'd be fuming if one of these got stripped after we posted it, it's always a thought, to post or not to post, but this was too good not share :)

And realistically, it's in the middle of the village, right by school, pitches, a Community sports centre and a lot of houses, so hopefully it'll stay safe!

And if nothing else, all the farmers up here are armed to the teeth :mrgreen:

Yeah, and the sound of a cordless grinder travels as well as that that of a shotgun in the glens:p

Latest posts

Back