19th Century Railway Tunnel

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fireice

Reaction score
I stumbled upon this one while getting some exercise. I hoped for something grander but it turned out to be about 100m of slightly curved tunnel with vertical ventilation shafts.

I will not disclose the location because poor security and interesting acoustics would make it a target for ravers.
Apparently it is inhabited by bats, but I haven't seen any.

100_0060.jpg

Spring coming out of the wall
100_0065.jpg

Stalagmite
100_0066.jpg

100_0070.jpg

Last edited:
Noice. Railway tunnels are great but I personally wouldnt worry too much about raves.

Was there many springs coming through the walls? The tunnel at Withcall I visited recently was gushing with water from all the springs that were coming through the walls like the one in your pic.

did you have a look for the top of the vent shaft topside
Yes, although it turned into a bit of countryside ramble, which included meeting native inhabitants such as deers, horses and angry farmers :lol:.
The cover of the vent got covered in a layer of soil and now there is a tree growing there.

Was there many springs coming through the walls? The tunnel at Withcall I visited recently was gushing with water from all the springs that were coming through the walls like the one in your pic.
Just one or two, there are also drips that formed the stalagmites.

Latest posts

Back