1st Exploration - Beacon Hill Fort, Harwich

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyJ1980

Reaction score
Had my first urbex exploration today with a fellow newbie. We went to a site that needs no introduction, but what made today that even more special was the fact that we kept on disturbing a couple who were trying to find somewhere secluded to ..... well you know what ..... and before anyone asks, no we didn't get pics of them :p

My pics:

Beacon Hill Fort - Harwich - 002 by AndyJ1980, on Flickr

Beacon Hill Fort - Harwich - 019 by AndyJ1980, on Flickr

Beacon Hill Fort - Harwich - 024 by AndyJ1980, on Flickr

Beacon Hill Fort - Harwich - 025 by AndyJ1980, on Flickr

Beacon Hill Fort - Harwich - 040 by AndyJ1980, on Flickr

Beacon Hill Fort - Harwich - 055 by AndyJ1980, on Flickr

Beacon Hill Fort - Harwich - 089 by AndyJ1980, on Flickr

Beacon Hill Fort - Harwich - 106 by AndyJ1980, on Flickr

Beacon Hill Fort - Harwich - 105 by AndyJ1980, on Flickr

Beacon Hill Fort - Harwich - 101 by AndyJ1980, on Flickr

Beacon Hill Fort - Harwich - 132 by AndyJ1980, on Flickr

Beacon Hill Fort - Harwich - 128 by AndyJ1980, on Flickr

Beacon Hill Fort - Harwich - 124 by AndyJ1980, on Flickr

Thanks for taking time to look

Andy

Last edited:
Very nice photos there. Interesting shot of that gun emplacement - this suggests that the WWII concrete structure was put on top of an older (Napoleonic era?) site. I think this fits, as Beacon Hill was a Palmerston fort originally if my memory serves correctly. Anyway, thanks for sharing.
GDZ

This place is just up the road from me i might have to take a look at some point soon :D nice pics btw mate :D

Thanks guys :)
I'd love to go back to the site as there's a couple of pics I'd like to try again with a different lens/effect..... *nudge nudge* lol

you missed tons of underground stuff there mate, theres lots of mags and a huge bomb shelter, theres a plan of the site showing everything somewhere, I will see if I can find it.

beacon_hill_plan2.png

Beautiful pics of a great site. Love the metal shutters and other rusty remains...the shot of the door is superb.
Good first explore, Andy. :)

thanks foxylady xx
I thought the shot of the door closed would give it a different image, especially as the sun (or what was there) was in a great position just behind the door. glad it worked :)

Back