2017 Forum Meetup!

Help Support Derelict Places:

krela

Administrator
Reaction score
I have just noticed that the M4 is closed around Reading for the weekend, so you might want to add an extra 30 minutes onto your journey times if you're coming west from London. =/

mookster

Veteran Member
Reaction score
My arm was twisted by Fluffy and I'm heading to Bristol on the train with him ;)

UrbanX

Moderate Moderator
Reaction score
I have just noticed that the M4 is closed around Reading for the weekend, so you might want to add an extra 30 minutes onto your journey times if you're coming west from London. =/

Eeek! Will get the Red Bull and the tunes out!

Brewtal

Veteran Member
Reaction score
Been chatting to Gromr123 about the M4 closure, depending on where you are traveling from around the S/SW edge of London or further afield but that general direction, A3 through Guildford, A31 over the Hogs Back past Aldershot, A287 just before Farnham (not far between the two) to Hook, A339 to Newbury and on to the M4 might be an option. Bypasses Reading altogether. Potentially a massive detour but I'm always of the mentality that I'd rather be on the move than sat nose to arse in traffic. Hope this helps! It's the best route for us from Surrey that I can see anyway. We are setting off at 8am!

krela

Administrator
Reaction score
Been chatting to Gromr123 about the M4 closure, depending on where you are traveling from around the S/SW edge of London or further afield but that general direction, A3 through Guildford, A31 over the Hogs Back past Aldershot, A287 just before Farnham (not far between the two) to Hook, A339 to Newbury and on to the M4 might be an option. Bypasses Reading altogether. Potentially a massive detour but I'm always of the mentality that I'd rather be on the move than sat nose to arse in traffic. Hope this helps! It's the best route for us from Surrey that I can see anyway. We are setting off at 8am!

To be honest google maps knows best these days, including traffic & closures. Go whatever way it tells you to go.

UrbanX

Moderate Moderator
Reaction score
To be honest google maps knows best these days, including traffic & closures. Go whatever way it tells you to go.

True, I'm now going via B/ham (M6 M42 M5) probably the best route for anyone coming from anything north of Cambridge / Leics

mookster

Veteran Member
Reaction score
Only bad thing about the trains is we will have to leave the festivities at about 9.30pm, but that still gives plenty of time ;)

urban-dorset

Veteran Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I'm not going to make it after all. Meant to post earlier, but was out and didn't have a phone signal.

I hope you all have a fantabulous time and I look forward to seeing the photos.

krela

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I'm not going to make it after all. Meant to post earlier, but was out and didn't have a phone signal.

I hope you all have a fantabulous time and I look forward to seeing the photos.
Aaah we did wonder where you were. Next year!

Brewtal

Veteran Member
Reaction score
That you so much for organising last night Ben, it was great to meet everyone and put faces to names. Hope there aren't too many sore heads this morning! Really wish we could have stayed longer and chatted to everyone. Definitely needs to happen again next year, I'll make sure I can stay for the full night and join the sore head club the next day!

mookster

Veteran Member
Reaction score
Great night last night, after leaving the party at 9.30 I finally rolled into bed at 12.30am.

Great to meet so many and put faces to names, same again next year ;)