A & M Harvey Furniture (Many & Large Picture Warni

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamie of Hackney

Reaction score
I was exploring the area around the A12 in Bow today. There are lots of derelict structures, but most are very well secured. I nearly went into one, but a huge great enormous alsation suddenly appeared.
Anyway, I was walking around and I saw this:
01officefront.png

This building was completely sealed, but I decide to have a snoop around the outside. One side has a railway line, so that was no good and there was no access on the other side.
So I went around the back and found a big gate that had a rope holding it closed - a rope so straggly and loose that the gate opened far enough for a person to easily fit through.
This is the back of the building:
02approaching.png

You can't see it in the picture, but the area here was filled with rubbish and at least five hundred tires. What you can see in this picture is that this property is for sale.
I went along the side of the building. It's next to Bow Garage and there's a security camera guarding a door in that building. It's easily avoided though.
I approached a wide open door and went inside. These are two views taken from just inside the door:
03groundfloor01.png

04groundfloor02.png

You may notice, in the second of those pictures, there's a piece of the reproduction furniture they used to make in the factory.
This is the view looking towards the back of the building:
05groundfloor3.png

You can see some more of the furniture here. The green door on the right of the picture is where the stairs are (but more on that later)
Looking around the ground floor some more, I found this:
06groundfloorhut.png

Heading back towards the stairs, I took this picture looking up to the second and third floors. The floor here (and throughout the ground floor) was covered in broken glass. You couldn't move more than three feet in any direction without making a loud noise.
07groundfloorlookup.png

It was as this point I moved up to the first floor. It was also somewhere around here that a train suddenly thundered by right outside and made me jump three feet in the air.
For some reason all of my first floor pictures came out a little blurry. Whether this was because the first floor was haunted by a digital camera interfering ghost or my hand was a bit shaky - I just don't know.
08firstfloor1.png

09firstfloor2.png

Then I moved up to the second floor. I'm glad I went on such a beautifully sunny day because I think lots of these pictures wouldn't have been nearly as good otherwise.
10secondfloor01.png

Incidentally, the building had a lift - all of the doors of which were open. This is looking down from the second floor:
11downliftshaft.png

As you may notice this lift shaft has an unusual feature - it has windows (I've certainly never seen a lift shaft with windows before). The lift is between the ground and first floor.
Another view of the hole in the roof:
12holeinroof1.png

I'm very fond of that for some reason.
13lotsofcardboardx.png

A big stack of cardboard pieces there - I'm guessing which would have been used for packaging.
More of the second floor:
14bsecondfloor.png

14secondfloorwindows.png

And here's the second floor ladies loo:
15ladiesloo.png

All of the gents toilets had the doors closed and all the ladies doors were open. No idea why that might be. You've got to love that shade of pink.
Looking down from the second floor:
16lookingdown.png

Keep your eye out for the discarded toilet.
On my way down the stairs:
17downthestairs.png

Going through the first floor, I exited into a yard and went into another building. This was single floor. Sadly the office building on the other side of this was not accessible. I'd hoped there'd be a door through here but sadly not.
Anyway, here are two pictures of in that other building:
18otherbuilding01.png

19otherbuilding02.png

And, finally, here's a picture of a fridge:
20thefridge.png

I resisted the temptation to look inside.
I spent about forty minutes inside and took 76 pictures in total. Also, there's a basement level which I didn't even explore.
Definitely my best find thus far. Easy to reach, easy to get into, lots to see and utterly deserted.

Jamie of Hackney;8804; said:

Okay lets try that again, hit edit instead of reply last time, duh!

This 'Cest Bon' tag has started appearing in Bristol over the past month or so strange that it's in this building too, not much of a link between Bow and Bristol!

I fear with all that cardboard and wood around it wont be long until arson destroys the entire place though :(

Any decent graff inside or just shite tags?

krela;8805; said:
Okay lets try that again, hit edit instead of reply last time, duh!
Yeah, for some reason '</div>' appeared at the end of my post. I'm sure I didn't put it there, because I don't even know what it means.
krela;8805; said:
not much of a link between Bow and Bristol!
Maybe it's a 'places that start with B' thing.
krela;8805; said:
I fear with all that cardboard and wood around it wont be long until arson destroys the entire place though :(
It's been like that for at least a couple of years now. And it's not like nobody's been in there, because the place is covered in graffiti.
krela;8805; said:
Any decent graff inside or just shite tags?
Three that I recall: Something along the lines of 'go on and waste the rest of your life on myspace', 'IF ALL I DO IS PLAY THE GAME THEN I AM JUST MEDIOCRE' and this picture (yep, another picture):
lovelygraff.png

I'm not a big fan of graffiti but I honestly think that is beautiful. I could happily have something like that painted on my wall.

I can't see my pictures anymore. Anybody know where they went?

ETA: The urls changed on them. Don't know why, but I hope it doesn't happen again.

Back