A story of an aquarium and a famous slate quarry... *IMAGE INTENSIVE*

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is it easy to explore?

Very, very easy indeed, apart from the hard climbs up the inclines which are very tiring and absolute murder on your knees. But then I'm an old s*d so a youngster wouldn't struggle at all! :p

I'm not too sure about that rail line. What was the drop like? :s

Absolutely terrifying! It's right over the edge of where they joined up several sectors to create an enormous "hole". The edge of the level slid away leaving the line suspended in space, a lot of space! I tried to take a pic from beneath it later on but my 210 zoom struggled to get enough in shot it was so far above us.

Some brave fellas have walked it... I say "brave".... I dunno how they got across with the size of their pods frankly, and the weight. ;)

Thanks all for your kind comments.

great stuff you two...i was up at Hariety Hole earlier in the year..beautiful place.. i love the ruggedness and all the stooped over trees...love the train track shot and the big long way too high ladder!! bgrrrr!! and of course the history is brilliant as always...and you have happy fishes too... do they speak welsh now then?

Cheers guys!

I'm surprised at the response this place has got though it was definitely well worth the long hike up to the Australia Levels to see the cutting shed let alone anything else.

When I started reading this I thought "snore" but after continuing it's one of the best reports I've seen, lovely place with loads of interesting bits and pieces a d some gorgeous views.

Thanks!

I don't like the look of those heights either ! lol Excellent report and photos :)

When I started reading this I thought "snore" but after continuing it's one of the best reports I've seen, lovely place with loads of interesting bits and pieces a d some gorgeous views.

Thanks!

When I got back from exploring the place I thought, "snore" but I was aching too much! Thank you for your kind comments, it's much appreciated.

And Nyx... yeah, those heights are really challenging. Some bods have actually crossed that gap on the railway too, not me though!!!

Back