Abandoned Cottage (Car Graveyard)

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hiya, you have to copy and paste the whole IMG code into your report. I've done the first one for you :)
Although please be aware, vehicle pics are forbidden on this forum.

There is a step by step guide here: [ame]http://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/main/showthread.php?t=17009[/ame]

However we do have a rule about not posting photos of rusty vehicles here so please bear that in mind. :)

Thankyou buddy, I'll try figure it out it's my first post you see so I'm a bit new to this :)

Great first report and photos :)
Looks like they are starting to clear the place, they have cleared around the house since a few weeks or so ago :O

One of the many private 'scrapyards' that became illegal under the EPA a few years back. Rather than clear the place, the then 'owner' walked away from the responsibility.

Nice work, loads of clutter that makes this a cool place and top 1st report. Thanks!

Out if interest, and sorry to hijack the thread , but what's the crack with the 'no cars' rule?

I think your right, I know what DS is saying, but I think these cars go back before that and none seam to have been stripped of anything (I know they have now but early shots show them whole)

Yes they all go way back before anybody had dreamed up 'Environmental Protection', but by the time the Act was fact they had become, like many of these good intentioned collects around the UK, very expensive restoration projects or rusty scrap. Obviously which category one views them depends on your interest in the classic car movement, and it does not take much grey matter to work out what the LCC's brand new EP department's take on the subject was.

Sadly two of my favourite haunts as a mobile teen - two collections started in the mid 30's that eventually expanded into junk yards containing vast arrays of cars, ex MOD and other wheeled transport and much besides - fell foul of the act and ended up in the scrap furnaces. Fortunately my rescued 1938 Ariel 500 is still going strong!

Out if interest, and sorry to hijack the thread , but what's the crack with the 'no cars' rule?

There was a post a year or two ago with lots of cars in the grounds, and in the weeks to follow, lots of these cars(or parts) were removed from the site without permission. The location of the site was also mentioned on a few car forums. So to keep the "Take only pictures, leave only footprints" motto intact, no car pics are allowed.

I thought it was because of this very place, that no car photo's were allowed anymore?

Latest posts

Back