Abandoned Farm, Northumberland

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

BigLoada

Checked out this place with Sausage, its a fantastic 18th century farm house in pretty good nick considering location and age, and has substantial farm buildings.

It would be a great place to renovate but there is no road nearby and no power or telephone lines, so its pretty isolated. We only got there by walking half a mile through 6 inches of wet sheep crap.

DSC_0036.png

DSC_0099.png

DSC_0065.png

DSC_0063.png

Found this box with a wonderful lid, looks like brass or copper, no idea what its for!

DSC_0071.png

DSC_0074.png

DSC_0078.png

Fantastic green tiles!

DSC_0093.png

DSC_0085.png

DSC_0087.png

This is signed Claude Monet. Wonder if its an unknown original:)

DSC_0089.png

Cheers folks!

Looks a lot better from the outside than the inside. Should be no problem driving to it with a decent 4x4.

Phil

Inside isnt too bad mate, just needs a tidy up. Definitely a land rover needed though, liquidised sheep waste everywhere, I probably have anthrax now.

DSC_0071.png

We used to have one like that. I think it was supposed to be for keeping firewood, or maybe kindling, in. There was a matching companion set with ship-shaped handles.

I think it was supposed to be for keeping firewood, or maybe kindling, in. There was a matching companion set with ship-shaped handles.

Yes, I remember seeing one like that and the companion set when I was very young...not sure if it belonged to my parents or was at a friend's house...long time ago! ;)
So many wonderful things in the farmhouse! Fantastic fireplaces.
Love that first photo, BigL. :)

good stuff

I wonder why the folks left such a well built home?
Just look at the craftsmanship in the stonework.

Lovely. :)

I won't post my pics up cos I think you have it pretty well covered.

It is a really nice building and a real shame to see it slowly slipping into decline. Sheep have got in big style and 6 inches of s**t covers the floor. That, combined with the p**s will be doing those floor timbers no good whatsoever. I expected to come face to face with a sheep in there - they have been upstairs too.

The views are amazing. Without giving too much away about its location, I could see the sea. That is 20 miles away. The building is very cut-off from the world. The lack of a road is its main problem. Ever climbed a sand dune and you seem to walk yet get no-where? Well that is what the walk to this place is like except it is mud and s**t.

Great pics mate. :)

What a gem you have found guys, presumably it's in the middle of nowhere, hence only chavved by the sheep? The fireplace is smashing, as with the Belfast sink, great find.

What a gem you have found guys, presumably it's in the middle of nowhere, hence only chavved by the sheep? The fireplace is smashing, as with the Belfast sink, great find.

Yes mate it is very remote. Chavs would be too scared to go out there man, its got the feeling that there is devils and dark spirits in the rocks and trees. Damn, gotta lay off this gin I think...

Last edited:
i would i be able to have the details of location of this one as well i am wanting to go and get loads of photos of these buildings

DSC_0071.png

We used to have one like that. I think it was supposed to be for keeping firewood, or maybe kindling, in. There was a matching companion set with ship-shaped handles.

Yup, my grandparents had the exact same set with matching impliments :mrgreen:

Hi there. New to this site, wonderful places. Great photos you posted specially the first two. Would love to go and visit if you can give me some pointers. Cheers

Looks like a great place

One of my friends - well used to be - has a house in the middle of a field in anglesey, I guess its a mile from a road. There is a dirt track to it - I am guessing there will be one to that house too They had a Discovery and an Audi A4 and both managed to get to the house

It was such a peaceful place

Latest posts

Back