Abandoned House (Fire Damaged), Leicestershire - April 09

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Static

Reaction score
This is my first photo post (yay) so I hope you enjoy. :) I warn you now that I get pretty trigger happy with a camera, this is an extremely small sample of the amount of photographs hat I took, so be warned that there are a few. ;)
The home is almost directly behind a church and was abandoned for a long while, before being prey to arsonists in August at the end of last year. I think it was the church rectory, but was being sold off as a house and shows nothing that links it to a religious site any longer, so I'm hoping I've posted this thread in the right place (if not sorry!).
The fire's damage is mostly upstairs in the house and the downstairs is slightly trashed.
Anyway, on with the pictures!

First stop was the garage outside, where I found this:

2.jpg

Through the front door, evidence of easy access:

3.jpg

The view from a window downstairs:

1.jpg

The kitchen area:

7.jpg

The only fire damaged room downstairs, which makes me suspect that the fire started in the room above, since the roof had fallen in (mushrooms on toast anyone?):

4.jpg

5.jpg

Not entirely sure what this room was, but there were fish painted on the wall:

8.jpg

6.jpg

17.jpg

An example of how damaged the ceilings were:

14.jpg

13.jpg

12.jpg

Upstairs:

10.jpg

11.jpg

And upstairs again, my favourite room:

16.jpg

Reasons not to go, ha:

9.jpg

Nice trainers! :lol:

Ok seriously, good post. I always wonder if anyone died while investigating a fire damaged property.

I really wanted to go upstairs in the house at LongAcre next to BOCM, but the fire had burned the whole top floor away even the beams, and staircase. To get up youd have needed a ladder, there was one, but the floor looked too unsafe.

I have one of those telescopic ladders that pack down from 14ft to about 3ft, drops in my car boot and I can run with it under my arm (sometimes handy) I have used on a few explores to bridge a broken staircase ;) and sometimes when people board up downstairs windows, but leave upstairs ones insecure... ;)

T

What a waste of a building. Nice post though - keep em coming. :)

Those trainers look naff for exploring - bet you ruined them.

If anyone uses that toilet they will get a black ring around their a**e!

Thanks for posting. :)

Not always, my boots made climbing the fence at ODEON a very long ordeal, with the vans it took ages but not AS long

Those shoes actually aren't mine, as much as I love them and want them to be! I've been wearing vans boots, they're pretty hefty.
Thanks for the comments folks. :)

How embarassing! I have the same toaster as the one in pic 5 :O

Anywho, nice report!!

Back