Abandoned Romsleyhill Farm, Worcs

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well he certainly takes it serious as he has two cameras one looks like a Canon Possibly EOS5D with a big white lens that don't come cheap and if that is his drive nearby t looks like T6 VW California with bike rack, He is a real poser that is for sure

Twitcher, I reckon, with that kit. Probably eyeing up stuff nesting in the derelict barns.

I was just amused to find him on Google Street View, that was all :D It tickled me.

Twitcher, I reckon, with that kit. Probably eyeing up stuff nesting in the derelict barns.

I was just amused to find him on Google Street View, that was all :D It tickled me.

Nothing wrong with twitchers ;-)
My 600mm lens comes with me on a lot of rural explores, its such a good excuse for being where u shouldnt, people are a lot more acceptable to "I was just looking for a ring ozel" than they are to "I was just exploring your sheds" lol

Nothing wrong with twitchers ;-)
My 600mm lens comes with me on a lot of rural explores, its such a good excuse for being where u shouldnt, people are a lot more acceptable to "I was just looking for a ring ozel" than they are to "I was just exploring your sheds" lol
600mm lens? A Canon at £13,000? Or a Sigma at £850? Just asking! I stick at 200mm.

600mm lens? A Canon at £13,000? Or a Sigma at £850? Just asking! I stick at 200mm.
Canon do a RF 600mm lens at around £700, That white lens could be anything from a 70-200 to 100-400, if he has an R5 it may well be a 100-500 but I'll go with the 70-200 that is the most useable to tote around unless your a twitcher. I use a 28-240 on my R6

Canon do a RF 600mm lens at around £700, That white lens could be anything from a 70-200 to 100-400, if he has an R5 it may well be a 100-500 but I'll go with the 70-200 that is the most useable to tote around unless your a twitcher. I use a 28-240 on my R6
I've got the Canon white 70-200 f 2.8 right through, with image stabiliser - which I use with my 5D. An excellent lens.

I've got the Canon white 70-200 f 2.8 right through, with image stabiliser - which I use with my 5D. An excellent lens.
🤤 I have a sigma F2.8 70-200 and a tamron 100-400 don't use the sigma much and am thinking of a 150-500 but waiting to see if they come out with an RF mount. Must admit I nearly went for a 5D

🤤 I have a sigma F2.8 70-200 and a tamron 100-400 don't use the sigma much and am thinking of a 150-500 but waiting to see if they come out with an RF mount. Must admit I nearly went for a 5D
Having used Canon EOS film cameras, I bought the 400D soon after it came out, and a Sigma 70-300. When I bought the 5D I went for Canon's own 70-200, and find it better than any other long lens I have. For comparison, I took shots with the Sigma, and another older Sigma at their longest focal lerngths - and a Tamron 500mm mirror lens I bought decades ago. Comparing picture areas, the Canon at 200mm is better than either of the Sigmas or the Tamron. Blowing up a Canon shot at 200mm gives better resolution than any of the others. I put it down to improved optics over the years, and a matter of cost. The older Sigma and the Tamron have Olympus OM mounts, and when I bought the Canon 400D I also bought an adaptor ring for my Olympus OM-fit lenses; no electronic transfer of information but I use a 35mm Olympus shift lens on the 400D or 5D to copy my transparencies in conjunction with my Durst enlarger. I mount the camera on the column, and place the upturned colour head on the baseboard. For Canon to have kept the same mount for 30 years says something. The RF lenses with backwards compatability should be worth looking at.

Back