Abandonned treasure trove

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly mate I'm serious for collecting. Off the top of my head I have at least 30 hammers amongst my "stuff". Fair enough some have a particular use but I really could get rid of half and not notice...
Cameras? I have the usual DSLR's, a bridge and several compacts but then it goes silly - at least 15 old film SLR's, several instamatics but best of all is a digital camera specifically designed for dentists - why am I keeping that? Pass!

I may have a clearout.... but then again no - it may come in handy one day. :mrgreen:

hahaha. Just leave/donate stuff to a museum.

I have way too much clutter but most of mine is dvds games and cds. I love dvds haha. always buying cheap ones. Also my 48 vhs tapes of different Jackie Chan films take up mass space. Can't bare to get rid of them though!

:cry:
I had this situation with an elderly lady I deliver prescriptions to. Her 3-storey house (bar one room) is filled up with every kind of crap imaginable, from a mobility scooter (lost in the lounge somewhere) to mouldy food. She sleeps under a tarpaulin and never eats.
Oh, she's also got breast cancer, which she refuses to have treated.
One day, I expect to take her pills round and find her dead.
Thing is, I can't do anything - when at work I'm not allowed (H&S), and her family, while not doing anything, accuse anyone else of stealing from her. :(
It's horrible.

Derelict smallholding found purely by accident on a back road in Carmarthenshire. Suffice to say an explore had to occur.

It looked fairly boring from the outside, but the sheer quantity of stuff left inside beggared belief . . . whoever lived here must have been into serious hoarding, either that or when all the various chest of drawers etc are emptied (dumped more like) it manages to fill a place up.

The condition didn’t seem too bad from the outside, but the rot inside was awful, the state of the kitchen, and bathroom were the worst, though incredibly, dates on post suggested that the place had only been abandoned for a couple of years.

Note the interesting collection of genuine antique furniture that would have many dealers drooling, the dresser, and at least three nice chest of drawers just sitting there(no don’t ask for the exact location!!) Its amazing that things like this simply don’t get touched around these parts, there used to be hundreds of these abandoned holdings and cottages, and most of them stayed full of stuff till they were sold.

View attachment 54632

View attachment 54633

View attachment 54634

View attachment 54635

View attachment 54636

View attachment 54637

View attachment 54638

View attachment 54639

View attachment 54640

View attachment 54641

View attachment 54642

View attachment 54643

View attachment 54644

View attachment 54645

View attachment 54646

View attachment 54647

View attachment 54648

View attachment 54649

View attachment 54650

View attachment 54651

Hi, could you tell me where abouts in Carmarthenshire this was please. It reminds me very much of my grandmothers house. She lived surrounded by stuff up to the ceiling. I miss her. Thanks

Hi, could you tell me where abouts in Carmarthenshire this was please. It reminds me very much of my grandmothers house. She lived surrounded by stuff up to the ceiling. I miss her. Thanks
I doubt you'll get a reply to this as this thread is about 11 years old.

Back