.... Academy, Inverness, October 2008

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zimbob

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Visited this with Bryag t'other night.

After assorted comedy access attempts we cracked it :)

This another little gem courtesy of PFI funding, at least it's good for something :lol:

Some externals first...

The main building :

Millburnacademy002.jpg

Another block :

Millburnacademy015.jpg

There were a fair few murals about (twas tipping down, excuse the rain-spots ! )

Millburnacademy012.jpg

In the canteen was this 'Last Supper' type mural, some dead rock-stars, some not so dead...

Millburnacademy019.jpg

The Theatre :

Millburnacademy028.jpg

Complete with Christmas stuff :)

Is it just me or does this have the face of a blow-up doll?!

Millburnacademy031.jpg

Millburnacademy039.jpg

Corridor action :

Millburnacademy130.jpg

Millburnacademy045.jpg

Into the Science labs :

Millburnacademy051.jpg

Millburnacademy056.jpg

Millburnacademy064.jpg

Found this rather fine gas-test (?) apparatus :

Millburnacademy074.jpg

And loads of these :

Millburnacademy070.jpg

Old-school :mrgreen:

Millburnacademy068.jpg

Vacuum-pump thingy :

Millburnacademy079.jpg

Elderly CD player :)

Millburnacademy082.jpg

Lab :

Millburnacademy086.jpg

Art Department :

Millburnacademy090.jpg

Fine sculpture :rolleyes:

Millburnacademy097.jpg

Millburnacademy096.jpg

Moving on :

Millburnacademy099.jpg

Millburnacademy107.jpg

Loadsa gear still here :confused:

Millburnacademy109.jpg

Millburnacademy115.jpg

Another mural :

Millburnacademy113.jpg

The dining hall :

Millburnacademy127.jpg

And lastly this rather fine staircase, shot from outside, as I couldn't get a good angle from the inside :(

Millburnacademy133.jpg

This was good fun, and as with t'other school I was in that has been made redundant via PFI the sheer waste of kit is amazing!

Quality.....

Is that Zimbob's hearse in the first photo?

Reminds me of whan I worked at Gordonston School near Elgin where Prince Charles went to school. At the end of term the kids walked away leaving everything there including clothes, bikes, etc etc. The Janitor had to take it all to the dump and destroy it and I'm not talking about one or two crappy old bikes either!

Quality! I think I'll have to give up my 'no more exploring for a couple of months' resolution.

Quality! I think I'll have to give up my 'no more exploring for a couple of months' resolution.

hahaha!! that lasted long!

Great photos. Big welldone guys!

yeh nice pics mate looks good:)

as for not exploring well Alir147 and lost still waiting for my phonecall from perthshire ?

Quality.....

Is that Zimbob's hearse in the first photo?

Yes it is Bax__, Well spotted:p

Here are a few of mine from the alleged event, in no particular order, with no narrative. Please feel free to fill in the blanks yourselves:mrgreen:

Millburn003.jpg

Millburn004.jpg

Millburn005.jpg

Millburn006.jpg

Millburn007.jpg

Millburn008.jpg

Millburn009.jpg

Millburn010.jpg

Millburn011.jpg

Millburn012.jpg

Millburn013.jpg

I know I said no narrative, but this is a close-up of that gas testing kit Zimbob posted
Millburn014.jpg

Millburn015.jpg

Millburn016.jpg

Millburn018.jpg

Millburn019.jpg

Millburn020.jpg

Millburn021.jpg

Millburn022.jpg

Millburn023.jpg

Millburn024.jpg

Well as Bugs Bunny would say "That's all folks"

This place was a little too fresh for my liking, it has after all only now been closed two weeks. Apparently the demolition is going to take a year, as they will have to strip out all of the asbestos before it can be raized to the ground:)

Half the fun of your photos is trying to spot the copyright tag which I don't see on the vacuum pump pic!
Looks like a great pace to explore.

Half the fun of your photos is trying to spot the copyright tag which I don't see on the vacuum pump pic!

Sometimes I deliberately ommit one, just to keep the conspiracy theorists guessing:mrgreen:

Sometimes I hide it so well I can't see it myself. There was one from the Glenglasshaugh Distillery set that took me ages to find- and I put it there.

Actually, I decided not to post the Vacuum pump pic, so did not tag it, then ended up potsing it anyway. I really need a secretary:lol:

Back