Quantcast

All Saints Church, Aldwincle northants

Help Support Derelict Places:

alex76

Regular Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2011
Messages
649
Reaction score
1,031
Location
bedfordshire
Visited with kathyms


bit of history

The church originated in the 13th century. During the next century the north aisle, the vestry and the clerestory were added. In the 15th century the tower, porch and chapel were built. The chapel was a chantry chapel founded by the Chambre family and dates from 1488–89. In 1863 the chancel was restored, followed by the rest of the church in 1893. By this time the parish of All Saints had been united with that of St Peter's, Aldwincle, and All Saints subsequently became disused. It was declared redundant in 1976


the pics


ddddd.jpg




IMG_7074.jpg



IMG_7058.jpg



IMG_7063.jpg



IMG_7068.jpg



IMG_7069.jpg



IMG_7070.jpg



IMG_7075.jpg



IMG_7076.jpg



IMG_7077.jpg



IMG_7084copy.jpg



IMG_7085.jpg



thanks for looking
 

Latest posts

Top