American Adventure Theme Park, Ilkeston Derbyshire-April 08

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol, I remember I nearly s*** myself on that log flume, was reyt scary. I was like 5 at the time though! Certainly brings back memories!

The only real trace of that flume now is some of the concrete ducts and channels, all of those are now full of rubble. It's a shame to lose this place, but it was a real economic disaster.

i must walk around with my eyes are ears closed, i didnt even know this place was shut. how long has it been gone?

looks so strange seeing an empty theme park.

American Adventure

It's been gone about 2 years now.

I'm thinking of paying the site a vist soon, any advice or areas to avoid welcome.

Happy to meet up with others to explore together.

fire

several fires have been reported at this site on todays this is derbyshire not shore how mutch dammage has been done though.

Wow the memories of this place, went there many times when i was younger - does anyone remember panning for 'gold' use to be near the log flume area i think. Great site will have to take a look soon before its totaly gone.

tbkscott, I remember the panning for gold. still got the "gold" medal somewhere. it was a bit of a con really as no matter how many nuggets you got you just recieved a plastic medal.
Prior to that I remember that area being used for a photo machine that made it look like you were surfing, think it was just a green screen behind and the sea was projected behind, then you paid for a photo of it.
Long distant memorys of my childhood.

Latest posts

Back